24v ~3kw off-grid inverter recommendation?

I have a friend who has a 24v solar system. After a few years, the non-branded inverter quit. Fortunately they had a smaller backup inverter. 

It seems that 24v inverters aren’t so popular, which is understandable, as most off-grid people want more power than a 24v system can offer, but these people have minimal demands. 

Any suggestions for a brand with a good record / reputation? Any thoughts on “Applegreen”?

Yeah ^^^, low-frequency inverters do tend to be more robust when it comes to overloads etc. Sadly they also tend to be rather more expensive than their high-frequency "transformerless" cousins.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/inverter-hybrid-off-grid-psmart-3kw-24v-toroid-mppt60a-i2273814730-s7639523207.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2022 at 7:13 PM, SunshineHarvey7 said:

I have a friend who has a 24v solar system. After a few years, the non-branded inverter quit. Fortunately they had a smaller backup inverter. 

It seems that 24v inverters aren’t so popular, which is understandable, as most off-grid people want more power than a 24v system can offer, but these people have minimal demands. 

Any suggestions for a brand with a good record / reputation? Any thoughts on “Applegreen”?

Do not buy applegreen products. They do not respond to request for support. I requested a copy of the software to communicate with the inverter & after 5 times of asking they have not supplied the software. I asked for spec on the communication Port to communicate with the battery and one said they can't communicate. I posted on their FB page & another said it's modbus protocols but has no more information but I still didn't get the software. I think they just relabel another unit & sell it because they know nothing about it & can't understand why you would want to monitor the batteries.