Thanks for the therapy, mate - Rooster regroups for the love of the game

webfact

image.jpeg

SPONSORED BY

HEMINGWAYS JOMTIEN

by Rooster | ASEAN NOW

Waking on Sunday morning after the horror of the previous night was torture.

I wanted to crawl back under the covers and ignore the world for a few days. The disappointment was that bad following England's 1-2 defeat to France.

I tried to grab a crumb of solace from the idea that other Englishmen and women spread far and wide on this great globe would be feeling pain commensurate with my own. 

It still hurt. What was I going to say to my daughter, a fresh nine year old convert to The Beautiful Game. 

In reality I think I'd already said it all during the match. Begging repeatedly over and over for Harry not to miss and when he didn't running around the living room like a 61 year old loony on the loose from Sri Thanya. 

The heads in hands moments when a defender then a former Ars*nal player scored. The injustice!

image.jpeg

But nothing will ever compare to the brutality of the ending. A personal hero blazing over, his kick into the England fans.

My heart went out to the great man, I think that's what saved it from being broken.

Both me and Mrs Rooster had barely been able to look let alone sit down for the penalties. 

My daughter looked on as I held my head in my hands and wailed "Oh No!" about ten times. 

Fortunately soon after waking on Sunday I got a text from a US buddy who asked about the match and offered "lake therapy".

The whole family headed out for swimming, boating, tubing and eating - to name but four activities.

Dad especially could put all football angst aside so thanks to my Packers' mate for the most welcome therapy a desperate Englishman could want for.

I realized England's future is very good, France will lose to Morocco for absolute sure and it was time to get back on the horse.

Go Rooster!

Tonight's first semi-final match is Argentina vs Croatia at 2am in the morning Thai time.

It is of course being billed as Messi and Modric's last chance saloon.

image.jpeg

I'm not expecting Croatia to come out all guns blazing in this showdown before dawn.

I expect them to keep their powder dry and soak up a bit of Argie ammunition. 

Then I expect some counter attack from the silky boot of magical Modric into the path of Perisic who fools everyone by laying it into the path of an advancing teammate to score. I can't be more specific. But it'll be 1-0.

Of course Messi should have plenty to say about that. He'll be aware that with all the CR7 shenanigans this year his stock as being the greater of the two is higher than ever.

If he could put that missing cherry on the top of a stellar career then many of the doubters may admit Ronaldo must play second fiddle.

Rooster

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-13

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First .. I was wondering where the flock is Rooster…. gave up writing ,., kicked the bucket but at last he’s alive and kicking… probably kicks the soccer ball same as Cane or is that Kane … up up and away

a free gift to the fans… good to hear from you Rooster!