Thai E-Visa TR 2 month from Thailand

Hi 

I’m required to leave Thailand on the 16th of December, so need to leave about now to obtain a two-month tourist Visa from Thai embassy Vientiane Lao. I was going to be leaving for the friendship bridge today, but I was wondering if I can get an E-Visa for Thailand so I can walk across the bridge and come back with a Thai E-Visa rather than submit to that Thai Embassy in Vientiane. Just filling in the paperwork on the website, and it’s asking me for proof of income and all of the types of paperwork like proof of address in the UK , which I don’t remember being asked for when I have applied for a Visa from the UK 2 years ago,  does the website think I want a 6 months Visa? I remember filling in the website for 2months Tourist visa 2 years ago and got to payment with out needing to provide bank statements.

Many Thanks as always and come on the trolls ! 

You are not going to get a straightforward answer to your question for the following reasons.

Consulates outside of Thailand issuing e-Visa will not do so if you are known to be outside of your home country (unless exceptional circumstances are shown). However as you are probably aware it is sometimes difficult for the consulate to know that you are not inside your home country. Hence if you are able to fulfil all the other requirements including evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full) and passport pages copy Visa pages last 12m of travel stamps then there is a possibility of success. However if you are currently in Thailand and if the last stamp was of when you entered Thailand then this would be clear to the Consulate admin.

If you were to leave Thailand with a passport exit stamp in your passport this is where it becomes conjecture since the question would be more about the testing of the rules done by the immigration officer letting you back into Thailand. Whether this is part of their adopted role is not clear. I suspect that each will assume a different amount of checking and also will have different types of actions taken when they suspect a position where the e-Visa owner has transgressed a rule of the application only from the home country.

Within this uncertain framework you would need to test and see what happens since there is no clear probability of a certain outcome.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spambot said:

You are not going to get a straightforward answer to your question for the following reasons.

Consulates outside of Thailand issuing e-Visa will not do so if you are known to be outside of your home country (unless exceptional circumstances are shown). However as you are probably aware it is sometimes difficult for the consulate to know that you are not inside your home country. Hence if you are able to fulfil all the other requirements including evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full) and passport pages copy Visa pages last 12m of travel stamps then there is a possibility of success. However if you are currently in Thailand and if the last stamp was of when you entered Thailand then this would be clear to the Consulate admin.

If you were to leave Thailand with a passport exit stamp in your passport this is where it becomes conjecture since the question would be more about the testing of the rules done by the immigration officer letting you back into Thailand. Whether this is part of their adopted role is not clear. I suspect that each will assume a different amount of checking and also will have different types of actions taken when they suspect a position where the e-Visa owner has transgressed a rule of the application only from the home country.

Within this uncertain framework you would need to test and see what happens since there is no clear probability of a certain outcome.

Thanks for take time to answer. Yes later I realised the E-visa is set up for people outside Thailand. I tried again and entered my girlfriends address and it said apply at a Thai embassy outside Thailand. That’s what I’m doing , Savannaket in the morning as Vientiane is an appointment only basis and I’m told by people here in TV that Sav is walk-in. 

???? 

25 minutes ago, Stevey said:

That’s what I’m doing , Savannaket in the morning as Vientiane is an appointment only basis and I’m told by people here in TV that Sav is walk-in.

Walk in available at Savannakhet.

You are obtaining an extra 15 days obtaining tv over visa exempt entry.

Why the need for tourist visa.

I could understand that if you were obtaining tv in eg Saigon. 

22 hours ago, Stevey said:

but I was wondering if I can get an E-Visa for Thailand so I can walk across the bridge and come back with a Thai E-Visa rather than submit to that Thai Embassy in Vientiane.

You are supposed to apply for an E-visa in the country where you are currently resident and the only 2 Asian countries on the E-visa platform are China and South Korea.

As a UK citizen you would be able to obtain an E-Visa from the London embassy but IO may very well question how the visa was obtained if you try and re-enter across a neighbouring land border.