That's amazing! Farang given a lesson in divining numbers for the lottery

webfact

On 12/17/2022 at 8:37 PM, cdemundo said:

Sig, you are avoiding or misunderstanding the point.

All I am referring to are the two parts of the story (virgin birth and resurrection), are they probable?

I am not making a comparison to the story of Jesus.

You implied that the improbabilities i referred to were a matter of opinion, that isn't the case.

Since I didn't communicate with my thought experiment, let me try another way.

If this doesn't make my point I will leave it alone.

The number of human births and deaths in the last two thousand years is many millions..

If the virgin birth and resurrection of Jesus are unique, then they are clearly improbable events, since they are both one event  out of many millions of events.

"One in a million" is a common phrase to express improbability, these events are more improbable than that.

You're right, I misunderstood. I understood your question "Do you believe me?" to be applying to the whole of the story, after which it was asked, and I was pointing out that there is much more to the story than what you wrote and if the multitude of other details were included, then one might become more inclined to believe those parts of the story that may be more difficult to believe if they were taken on their own. Of course, nobody can plausibly refute that the two items you extracted from the whole, taken on their own with no other evidence, would have an extremely low probability of having happened, as have many things when they are disassociated from the entirety of their historical context.

• Like 1