Jomtien immigration appointment online

Never been to this office do they respect the time of the appointment taken or they make you wait outside for a long time?

I ask because I read about people waiting outside a whole day  under direct sun which I can't do for health reasons.

Edited by Bigstef

On 12/17/2022 at 9:32 AM, Swiss1960 said:

Don't know about the online system, never used it, but the queue area outside is covered by a tent, so no waiting in direct sunshine 

Unless the line extends out of the parking lot and down soi 5, in which case you would be in the direct sun. In busy periods is does happen.

27 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Unless the line extends out of the parking lot and down soi 5, in which case you would be in the direct sun. In busy periods is does happen.

This has happened is the last few weeks. As others have said , avoid Mondays and Fridays and any day after a holiday!

• Thumbs Up 1

Was there today, Monday 19th, getting Res certificates for 5 year driving licence renewal. Turned up about 0815. Already long queue but by 0910 approximately was out. Told to come back at 1400 to pick up, which I was able to do. The rest of the day was a complete disaster, but would be off topic as it involved the driving licence renewal end of proceedings. Maybe I'll start a new thread as a warning!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Sitrep.

Used the online appoint system. I booked three days ago, a Saturday. Wanted an appointment today (tuesday) afternoon: offered and took 2:55 appoinment. I received a confirmation email in minutes....on a Saturday!.....with all details confirmed.

I received a reminder email yesterday, again with all details correct.

Went to the bank 10:30 am for the usual letter: kept waiting 45 minutes, and 20  inutes + 200baht to process!

Arrived immigration 11:30....they stop issuing Que-matics at 11:00 until 13:00....and asked if the appointment was good? Told no, come back at 12:00. So, had a coffee, as soon as the (seated, outside,) queue started to form joined it and fought to keep my place! 

Once inside, Quematic not working, but seen very quickly and processed with no issues in less than 7 minutes! Meanwhile the queue outside exceeded 20!

Takeaways:-

the online appointment system works perfectly, and is of no value whatsoever! Don't waste your time.

Join the queue an hour before opening, or be prepared to wait forever

Make sure your paperwork is in perfect and unimpeachable order!

• Like 1