Buying meds online - recent experience

Lorry

I needed Avelox (a common antibiotic). Surprisingly, it's not available in Surin. So I tried online:

bangkokdrugstore.com (I have used them many times, always satisfied): no answer to my email,  phone not answered

medtide: 2 very different websites, one more confusing than the other; very quick answer in Line: not available

fascino online: website says closed

idrugs: website says closed

S.C. pharmacy: told me on the phone to order in Line, in Line they needed 5 hours to tell me it's not available

A friend in Bangkok just bought it for me in the nearest pharmacy and sent it by Kerry.

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

Obviously when requesting you should state the ingredients (Moxifloxacin), not the brand name. 

Moxifloxacin is available in Thailand only as Avelox.

Many drugstores will know "Avelox", hardly any know "Moxifloxacin"

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

probably you can order in the nearest pharmacy. Pay deposit 50%.

That antibiotic is over 60b per pill so expensive in comparison with some other.s Pharmacies don't want to freeze their money and eventually to throw away after expiry date

It's 120b per tablet,  600 for a box of 5.

That's about the price of some flashy colorful multivitamin cræp, the stuff Thais and Americans love to buy.

But you are right,  Amoxi is a lot cheaper. 

"I needed Avelox (a common antibiotic). Surprisingly, it's not available in Surin. So I tried online:"

Not so common or prescribed for good reason.  Other alternatives usually prescribed.  If they fail, then Avelox might be prescribed.

Take care with that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know much but Meditide i used it for a while but one time i need some thing urgent i try to visited the drugstore they mentioned , it was not at all their ..... 

Where as now i use Medisafe they are fine even can pickup from their store . and prices are really good

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm back, and parcel sent.

My first & last shopping experience with MediTide.

Ordered early AM, 2 days ago, paid bank transfer.

Did not receive order confirmation yet, and found elsewhere for much better price.  Contact them thru LINE, couple hours after order placed ... please cancel, no prob, but won't refund ????

OK, guess I'll eat this overpriced purchase.  Then thinking .. I'll price 2 more scripts I have, that I don't really need now, but will eventually.  Both were considerably more expensive on MediTide.

So shop around before hitting that 'order' button.   Don't assume online, or since recommended here, will be cheaper, as this vendor was not even close.  

Now paid ฿510 for something I could have gotten locally for ฿300.

฿450 + shipping vs ฿300, a 50% higher product price ????

A bit surprised, since recommended by a few here on AN.

LIVE & LEARN

If after shopping, and want to try to find cheaper online, contact Medisafe first, instead of Meditide. 

As bought 2 scripts from MediSafe at competitive pricing and quick delivery ????

YMMV

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Did not receive order confirmation yet, and found elsewhere for much better price.  Contact them thru LINE, couple hours after order placed ... please cancel, no prob, but won't refund ????

OK, guess I'll eat this overpriced purchase.  Then thinking .. I'll price 2 more scripts I have, that I don't really need now, but will eventually.  Both were considerably more expensive on MediTide.

So shop around before hitting that 'order' button.   Don't assume online, or since recommended here, will be cheaper, as this vendor was not even close.  

LIVE & LEARN

If after shopping, and want to try to find cheaper online, contact Medisafe first, instead of Meditide. 

As bought 2 scripts from MediSafe at competitive pricing and quick delivery ????

YMMV

Were these price differences for the same brand? Different suppliers often carry different brands of the same generic.

Just now, Sheryl said:

Were these price fifferences gor yhe same brand? Dufferent suppliers often carry differrnt brands of the same generic.

Yes, exact same brand, mg & tab count.  Same with other two that I priced.  Actually surprised about the difference.

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

LIVE & LEARN

YMMV

Bangkokdrugstore isn't cheap,  either. 

You pay for the privilege of receiving meds you wouldn't get at your local village pharmacy. 

When in Bangkok or another big city,  I don't buy meds online.