Waiting Times Immigration Suvarnabhumi Airport

patongphil

I presume it's to a domestic flight! Remember there are two immigration entrances. If the first has long queues walk another maybe 20 metres to second and check. Though I've not entered for a few weeks, and someone else posted delays, and simultaneous arrivals possible, they seem more prepared. Also the process is quicker, with passengers just needing flight ticket and passport. No check of where your staying etc, on previous entry form. Obviously they say 3 hours between flights but I'd allow 5 with collection of baggage taking time, which I had if your not booked through. 

As others have noted, it varies a lot based on how many other flights have landed at the same time. After people complained online a few months ago about long immigration queues, though, they do seem to be trying to keep the waits down to below 20 minutes by opening more counters when the crowd starts to grow. I arrived last night at about 630pm, and was very lucky - a two minute wait at immigration, and bag on the belt less than ten minutes later (the previous month I waited about 16 minutes).

If you want live information on queues at Suvarnabhumi, it's available on the "Sawasdee by AOT" app. The app is large and intrusive, but I've found the estimates of wait times to be pretty accurate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AOT

A week ago my partner and I arrived on an international flight around noon.  Most of the booths were open and there were only a few people in each line--I was through in just a few minutes.   By the time we got to Baggage Claim it was just a short wait for our suitcases.  Very easy. 

As people have posted, I arrived this past Monday just after noon and the lines were short.  Took about 5 minutes.  The luggage arrive soon after I got to the the baggage carousel.  Unfortunately my bag never arrived and I am still waiting.

Probably less than half the flights arriving at Suvarnabhumi are right on schedule which makes immigration queues very difficult to predict.  Two 15 minute late flights along with a on time arrival can suddenly fill the immigration hall that 5 minutes before was half empty.  

There are 2 main immigration areas for international flights, one servicing gates A thru D and the other gates D thru G.    If the immigration area you come to first is backed-up, look for a TV monitor at the base of the ramp that shows both areas.  If the other area is uncrowded, keep walking in the same direction about 3 or 4 minutes and you will come upon it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2022 at 11:09 PM, dddave said:

Probably less than half the flights arriving at Suvarnabhumi are right on schedule which makes immigration queues very difficult to predict.  Two 15 minute late flights along with a on time arrival can suddenly fill the immigration hall that 5 minutes before was half empty.  

There are 2 main immigration areas for international flights, one servicing gates A thru D and the other gates D thru G.    If the immigration area you come to first is backed-up, look for a TV monitor at the base of the ramp that shows both areas.  If the other area is uncrowded, keep walking in the same direction about 3 or 4 minutes and you will come upon it.

Actually there are monitors that show the waiting times in each Immigration areas areas for non-Thai Nationals, as well as in Fast Track.

I use the lanes for Thai Nationals so don't bother looking closely at waiting times, but in several early morning (06:00 to 06:30) arrivals in recent weeks noticed max time of 5 minutes.