Tourist Evisa from uk

17 minutes ago, ian carman said:

Before I waste £25 applying for an e visa can someone give me a step by step guide how to upload my documents/ photos using my iPhone 13 ? 

I think they already have a guide about how to use eVisa website, of course it is using a computer. Why don't use a computer, instead of your iPhone. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ian carman said:

Maybe it’s easier on a computer because I suppose I’m only transferring contents of email for flight ticket ,accommodation etc 

Uploading from an android is simple I dont see how aj iphone would differ. Just save docs in correct upload format and size and upload. Easy.

35 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

You can't. Photos on phone, transfer to P.C. fill in application on P.C. You'll need a printer to print off your visa when it is dispatched to you in form of an PDF. And the best of luck ???? it's a nightmare.

Why nightmare? It was the best thing since slice bread ????. No need to collate forms and documents with pics, buy MO, take it to the PO and buy stamps for mailing along with the passport. Can't use the passport to leave the country while waiting for the visa. Now I do everything from the comfort of my desk. Why it is a nightmare?

7 hours ago, Onerak said:

Why nightmare? It was the best thing since slice bread ????. No need to collate forms and documents with pics, buy MO, take it to the PO and buy stamps for mailing along with the passport. Can't use the passport to leave the country while waiting for the visa. Now I do everything from the comfort of my desk. Why it is a nightmare?

Don’t want to sound to computer dumb but I transfer photos using a usb cable .Are they stored in a file or as photos on PC so I can just click on them to upload to the application?

7 hours ago, ian carman said:

Don’t want to sound to computer dumb but I transfer photos using a usb cable .Are they stored in a file or as photos on PC so I can just click on them to upload to the application?

I did pretty much the same.  I used a USB cable to transfer photos from iPhone to PC and saved them on the PC.  In fact I created a folder, or sub-folder, just for this one application.

I found the e-visa process a complete pain and I will do my best to avoid doing so again.  I wasn't working full time on the application but assembling all the documents, saving them, uploading them, filling in the form etc. took two days.  I have no idea why, if applying to London, they need three different photos of the applicant including the one in your passport and what on earth is the weird photo of the applicant holding the ID page of their passport next to their face for? 

This sort of online process just invites them to add on daft requirements without adding to their own burden.

• Thumbs Up 2