Driver leaves Norwegian at gas station - "I thought he was sleeping in the back"

webfact

I once came back from Tesco and my pickup was loaded with shopping that I hadn't bought!

I had approached the car from the front, got in and drove off. I didn't see the stuff in the back until I got home. I had only gone there to buy a phone case and pay my phone bill

A Thai man apparently, had mistaken my pickup for his and loaded his shopping into it. I believe he then went back inside to collect his wife and kids and I had already buggered off.

So daft things do happen.

Edited by Scouse123

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I once came back from Tesco and my pickup was loaded with shopping that I hadn't bought!

I had approached the car from the front, got in and drove off. I didn't see the stuff in the back until I got home.

A Thai man apparently, had mistaken my pickup for his and loaded his shopping into it.

So daft things do happen.

Did you take it back to Tesco, or said <deleted> it, I'll enjoy the free beer?

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

Did you take it back to Tesco, or said <deleted> it, I'll enjoy the free beer?

I was and still am one of very few foreigners here, it didn't take him long to find out whose the car belonged to and who I was!

He arrived at the house 30 minutes later, we only live a mile from, what was then,Tesco.

He actually attempted to say to my other half that I had watched him load the stuff in and was laughing about it, and that was, believe me, absolute nonsense..........talk about trying to shift the blame!

• Love It 1

20 hours ago, Scouse123 said:
On 12/20/2022 at 10:37 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

What's "so weird" about the hotel staff telling him to return to the petrol station to collect his passenger who he's left behind?

Because he didn't have the brains to figure that out for himself without being told.

You think that he didn't have an obligation to report the missing passenger to his boss and that he wouldn't have then been given instructions, whether he "had the brains" or not?

49 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think that he didn't have an obligation to report the missing passenger to his boss and that he wouldn't have then been given instructions, whether he "had the brains" or not?

It says he contacted the hotel staff and was given instructions, no mention of his 'Boss '

or are we ' nitpicking for the sake of it? '

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

It says he contacted the hotel staff and was given instructions, no mention of his 'Boss '

or are we ' nitpicking for the sake of it? '

For the purpose of this thread,  and the tourist's journey, I was assuming that the hotel from where he was driven was the driver's boss.   I was not "nit-picking for the sake of it" but it sure looks as though you are.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For the purpose of this thread,  and the tourist's journey, I was assuming that the hotel from where he was driven was the driver's boss.   I was not "nit-picking for the sake of it" but it sure looks as though you are.

Whatever!

20 hours ago, Scouse123 said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Whatever!

"Whatever", indeed.