Proof of no criminal record

It seems UK embassies can't offer a letter or stamp a form to this effect.... the only option seems to go through ACRO in the UK - cost is about £50 and looks like delivery could take a while. The application is also a long one. 

Are there any other quicker options for proving I have no criminal record? 

Edited by RickG16

1 minute ago, MRToMRT said:

ACRO has two delivery options, the longest is 2 weeks and the second, for a fee they do it in a few days as well. 

Always been on time for me.

Thanks. Guess I might have to set aside a day to apply... The application form has many sections!

I can only tell of my experience. Wrote to the police and they replied that they aren’t allowed to say whether someone has a record but did state that to the best of their knowledge I am not wanted for anything. Thai authorities accepted that.

13 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I can only tell of my experience. Wrote to the police and they replied that they aren’t allowed to say whether someone has a record but did state that to the best of their knowledge I am not wanted for anything. Thai authorities accepted that.

Thanks... How did you contact them? Was it email?

Feel free to PM. Thanks mate ????

36 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I can only tell of my experience. Wrote to the police and they replied that they aren’t allowed to say whether someone has a record but did state that to the best of their knowledge I am not wanted for anything.

Yes thats how ACRO works, the statement (certificate) they give you is that their search yielded no results ("no trace") at the time.

Edited by MRToMRT
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Yes thats how ACRO works, the statement (certificate) they give you is that their search yielded no results ("no trace") at the time.

Unfortunately the application form has about 10 sections.... Will take longer than my actual visa!

On 12/21/2022 at 8:19 AM, Purdey said:

What country was that in?