Do Thai banks require you to visit a branch office when switching their app to a new device?

I'm about to change phones and want to get the banking apps moved as quickly as possible and preferably without visiting a bank branch . I'm pretty sure moving the K-bank app to a new device (same phone number) was hassle-free when I did it a few years ago but I'm wondering about:

CIMB Thai

Krungsri

LH

SCB

Citibank Thai

(True Money)

I recently moved both KBank and Krungsri apps to a new phone, same SIM/mobile number so no problems, but as noted in the reply above need to connect first time using mobile data not your WiFi. 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

My SCB app flows seamlessly between new devices. As recently as October, I installed it on a cell phone, tablet and laptop AND it functioned fine on all in the US as well as Thailand. The only glitch I've personally experienced is transactions made on my cell don't appear on my desktop login. The BALANCE resolves correctly but the history of each transaction is limited to viewing on the individual device.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

My SCB app flows seamlessly between new devices. As recently as October, I installed it on a cell phone, tablet and laptop AND it functioned fine on all in the US as well as Thailand.

That would be my second question: Which banks allow me to install the app on a second device, in my case a wifi-only tablet?

52 minutes ago, orientalist said:

That would be my second question: Which banks allow me to install the app on a second device, in my case a wifi-only tablet?

Again, my experience is limited to SCB, and I'm generally happy with them though their website glitches occasionally.

Here's a tablet glitch which I tried years ago, failed and gave up (this was a reminder) -  I just used my wireless only tablet and tried to login using the SCB app. It fails, just going in mindless, frustrating circles. Then I just went to the website using a plain vanilla browser and logged right in.

6 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Krungsri required me to visit a branch.

Curious, I didn't need to visit the bank either to initially set up the KMA app, unlike KBank, nor when I changed phones 5 months ago.

Note that my phone number was the one registered when I opened my account and used for bank sms notifications and online banking long before the app came along.

Edited by Stocky