Issue with timing for renewal of non O visa extension

My non O extension based on marriage is due to be renewed on the 27th Feb 2023. I have to go overseas on the 15th March which gives me less than the required 30 days for approval. Can I go overseas before the extension is approved and, if so, how do I get back into the country. 

If not, can i apply early enough prior to the extension due date to give me the required 30 days? 

I did enquire at my local IO but they didn't want to know. 

Edited by Lazybones
Clarification

If I understand you, then normaly you do your extension 1 month before the due date...
This would then be 27 of January...so you receive your extension by end of February!

As early.. some Immigration accepts 45 days prior to due date for starting.
Here at Bangkok, it's always 4 weeks (28 days) between starting and receiving the extension for me in the last few years

Recently did my Retirement extension of Non O at Phayao.  They told me I could come any time up to  30 days before it was due.

Erlier when I was having to travel overseas for work when extension was due, I did the extension 6 weeks early at the old Suan Plu I/O.  I was told to write a letter to I/O giving the reason why I wanted to do the extension early.  Even given a pen and paper so that I could do the letter there nd then.

We do not see that level of helpfullness so much now?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HampiK said:

If I understand you, then normaly you do your extension 1 month before the due date...
This would then be 27 of January...so you receive your extension by end of February!

As early.. some Immigration accepts 45 days prior to due date for starting.
Here at Bangkok, it's always 4 weeks (28 days) between starting and receiving the extension for me in the last few years

You don’t understand that some offices always date the under consideration period to end 30 days after the extension ends, so the under consideration period can be anywhere from 30 days to 75 days.

Just because your office does something one way means nothing.

If the OPs office is one of the ones similar to the ones I mentioned and they will not budge on the date then he can get a reentry permit that will finish at the end of the under consideration period, so unless the OP is returning before March 27th he is out of luck and must return either visa exempt or get a different visa (non-O or tourist) and start again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazybones said:

Thank you for your helpful replies. That answers my question so I can apply 30 days in advance.

I may help if you say which office and someone may confirm as there appears to be conflicting views.

I have been in the same situation and my office does the 30 days from date of application, but it seems that is not always the case.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You don’t understand that some offices always date the under consideration period to end 30 days after the extension ends, so the under consideration period can be anywhere from 30 days to 75 days.

Just because your office does something one way means nothing.

If the OPs office is one of the ones similar to the ones I mentioned and they will not budge on the date then he can get a reentry permit that will finish at the end of the under consideration period, so unless the OP is returning before March 27th he is out of luck and must return either visa exempt or get a different visa (non-O or tourist) and start again

OK, I was assuming that at least all offices would do 30 days from under consideration of from the date of application.

But yes.. as always, every office has different ways. Or maybe because I am at BKK the main it's simpler, as they do not need to send the documents somewhere...

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I may help if you say which office and someone may confirm as there appears to be conflicting views.

Not conflicting views but differing policies in different offices.

4 minutes ago, HampiK said:

OK, I was assuming that at least all offices would do 30 days from under consideration of from the date of application.

A poor assumption, reading TV will educate you on the differences in different offices.

6 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Or maybe because I am at BKK the main it's simpler, as they do not need to send the documents somewhere...

Every office sends the documents to the HQ of the region they are in, even if the HQ office is in the same city they are usually in a different physical location. They are certainly completely separate from the issuing section.

I had exactly the same problem recently. I had to go to Dubai during the ridiculous consideration period when they spend 30 days deciding if I'm allowed to 'visit' my wife (I'm there now in fact) and this site advised me to get a 60-day extension. I tried, they said it was against the rules (it isn't) and to do a visa run instead and apply for the one year extension when I return. As I live not too far from Mukdahan I popped over to Laos for an hour, bought some beer and was home by lunchtime.

That, of course, may not be an option for you. It's something you need to discuss with your local office. Maybe your wife could do that by phone if it's far from you? But, when it comes down to it, what the rules are depends on the office and the individual officer I'm afraid. You simply have to play by their stupid and pointless rules. Even when they are wrong.

Just get all your docs in order and go 30 days before your current stay expires (Feb 27?). That should give you 45-ish days before your flight out.

IF you need to leave before they stamp your approved extension AND you don't need to physically hold your passport, you COULD over-night it to your wife and she can collect your new stamp and over-night it back to you.

Just a thought.