Good hotel with pool Jomtien

geisha

Hi, I have friends coming over in March and they’d like a very good hotel with pool in Jomtien. They’ve rented a condo before for 2 months so know and like the area. Also, easy access to their son and Pattaya if needed. 
They do not want Pattaya as will be eating in their favorite Jomtien restaurants most night. And beach doesn’t interest them. I’m lost for ideas ? I think they’re hoping for 4/5 stars, and I don’t think there are any. Thanks.

pS staying only 2 weeks. 

(+1) for Rabbit Resort - It's good - I believe it has it's own little stretch of private sandy  beach with sun loungers. Haven't stayed there for a few yrs due to Covid.

Royal Cliff is a step-up - beautiful pools, restaurants and a beach - but a little out of town. The honeymoon suites are not as expensive as they sound, but are great with bedroom/lounge/terrace overlooking the sea.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

Dear, there are over 100 4- or 5-star Hotels in Jomtien, Just go on a hotel booking webpage like AGODA or BOOKING and put in the filter what you are specifically looking for (swimmingpool, wifi etc.). Welcome to the 21st century.

I suspect he is looking for personal experiences and recommendations......but thanks for stating the blindingly obvious.

D'Varee has decent rates at the moment not sure if the standard ticks all the boxes but worth a look.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Friends stayed at THE GRAND JOMTIEN PALACE, at the corner of Beach Rd and Soi Wat Boon Kanchana and liked it very much.  Lots of food nearby, right on songtao route.  Rated 3 star.  If they are interested, suggest they try to book direct and ask for front rooms looking out on the water.

Edited by dddave
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

Dear, there are over 100 4- or 5-star Hotels in Jomtien, Just go on a hotel booking webpage like AGODA or BOOKING and put in the filter what you are specifically looking for (swimmingpool, wifi etc.). Welcome to the 21st century.

Oh dear, don’t you think I’ve already looked ? And I think you are slightly exaggerating. 100 ? In Jomtien ? I’ve lived there for the last 8 yrs so must be walking around blind ! I was asking 4/5 stars not your evaluation. Thankfully the other replies have been helpful . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, henry2109 said:

I'd love to see a list of those 100 4 and 5-star hotels in Jomtien.  When I searched Jomtien Beach for a booking in February, 200 choices came up.  But, most were not hotels, at all.  They were condo projects and pool villas.  A number of the many condo projects, like Rivera Jomtien condo, were listed numerous times under different rental agencies.  Riviera Jomtien condo had at least 6 different listings.  One listing I saw, The Base condo, isn't even in Jomtien.   When you knock all of those out, there are far fewer actual hotel listings.  I think your list of 4 and  5-star Jomtien Beach hotels will not be too long, and certainly not 'over 100'.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

(+1) for Rabbit Resort - It's good - I believe it has it's own little stretch of private sandy  beach with sun loungers. Haven't stayed there for a few yrs due to Covid.

Royal Cliff is a step-up - beautiful pools, restaurants and a beach - but a little out of town. The honeymoon suites are not as expensive as they sound, but are great with bedroom/lounge/terrace overlooking the sea.  

Just looked at Rabbit resort. Forgot about that one as I rarely walk up that road. Looks very nice, I think they’d like the Thai deco , I’m sure they know the restaurant too. Also, very well situated.   I visited Royal Cliff a few years ago , but you have to rely on taxis there. Also can be very crowded with group tours.  I’ve sent my friends Rabbit Resort address. They’ll know the area . Thanks. 

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Is Cosy Beach too far out?

Rabbit Resort..

Jomtien Garden Resort

One way to find them is to select 'Hotels' while viewing in Google Maps.

No, good area too, I think the son lives near Rompor fresh market too. Thanks, sent off. 

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

I suspect he is looking for personal experiences and recommendations......but thanks for stating the blindingly obvious.

D'Varee has decent rates at the moment not sure if the standard ticks all the boxes but worth a look.

Hi, had a look on all the booking sites, seems an awful lot of negative reviews of it’s being run down. I had thought of that one but couldn’t remember the name. Thanks.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Friends stayed at THE GRAND JOMTIEN PALACE, at the corner of Beach Rd and Soi Wat Boon Kanchana and liked it very much.  Lots of food nearby, right on songtao route.  Rated 3 star.  If they are interested, suggest they try to book direct and ask for front rooms looking out on the water.

Hi, unfortunately by the look of the reviews, I think the Grand Jomtien has gone the way of many Thai hotels, probably not helped by Covid closures. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, geisha said:

Hi, had a look on all the booking sites, seems an awful lot of negative reviews of it’s being run down. I had thought of that one but couldn’t remember the name. Thanks.

I can't argue that some of the rooms are bit tired. But a fair price for a great seaview - and I only use it for 'entertaining'. 

16 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

The only hotel in the entire Thailand where I got food poisoning.

21 hours ago, OneZero said:

Jomtien Palm Beach on Jomtien Beach Road near Tappraya, beach front.

Seconded. Great pool, and best location in Jomtien. Might not be 4 stars by international standards, but was luxurious enough for me when I stayed there 4 years ago.

13 hours ago, dddave said:

This place is very nice, good location.

https://www.jomtienbeachpenthouses.com/

Hi, actually spent a long time there myself, a few years. Loved it. My friends need a hotel with breakfast . By the way, do you know if the above is still having dust and noise problems due to the massive condo they’re building ? Is it finished ?? I moved away from the area because of it.

13 hours ago, geisha said:

Hi, actually spent a long time there myself, a few years. Loved it. My friends need a hotel with breakfast . By the way, do you know if the above is still having dust and noise problems due to the massive condo they’re building ? Is it finished ?? I moved away from the area because of it.

The structure of the condo is finished, just interior finishing going on now.  There is a new project just starting nearby: groundwork for the Monorail projected to open in 5 years.

As far as breakfast goes, several decent restaurants very close by: Wombat Kiwi Bar and restaurant, an excellent Dutch place next to that.  Both have great breakfast options. Both just at the end of soi 9.

I live in Jomtien beach Condo, overlooking that area.

• Thanks 1