Tourist Visa: Evidence of Onward Travel

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this. The e-visa site has this as one of the requirements:

3. Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full).

I'd like to know whether there is any way of avoiding buying an exit ticket before applying for the visa. There are sites that offer this kind of service, but they provide only a reservation, not a paid-in-full ticket. Some sites allow you to buy a ticket and then cancel it within in 24 hours, but there are few uncertainties surrounding that. Does the ticket need to be uploaded online when applying for the visa? Will I be able to cancel it in time?  Might the Immigration Officer ask to see it when I arrive in Thailand?

if I have to buy a ticket, do they check the luggage allowance? A ticket to Ho Chi Minh City cost £31 with no allowance and £68 with 30kg.

15 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Might the Immigration Officer ask to see it when I arrive in Thailand?

if I have to buy a ticket, do they check the luggage allowance? A ticket to Ho Chi Minh City cost £31 with no allowance and £68 with 30kg.

Good you started more specific thread.

To kick it off ....

Immigration upon arrival will NOT ask to see onward flight.

Regards luggage that would not be issue if you decide to book throw away ticket. 

As for the first part of your questions. Wait for reply from someone who has actually obtained the evisa.

My guess it your onward flight from "rent onward ticket" companies would pass. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1