Australian Man Arrested at Samui Airport with 96 Bullets and Disassembled Firearm

webfact

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

If liking guns is a hobby attributed to America I can live with that.   Why wouldn't the reporter ask what numbers on the bullets?  Obviously a semi auto handgun because they break down and could confuse the uneducated.   So 9mm, .380, or 45acp.   Yes most commercial pistol ammo comes in 50 per box. 

To bad this Aussie doesn't read Asiannow or he would know the Israeli got in deep do do with less bullets no gun.  

Mass murder of children in schools using military style weapons (legally owned) is also a popular “hobby attributed to” Americans”, or didn’t you hear?

Edited by Jonathan Swift
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silencer said:

He couldn't be bothered to take any of the many land transport options from Samui? Maybe he scored a great airfare discount or had an expiring ticket.... ????

He now will have plenty of time to consider alternative wiser options 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, traveller101 said:

If he expected to get through airport security with 96 bullets - he needs a mental assessment before being sent to jail ...... unless they were rubber bullets in plastic casings.

couple of sandwiches short of a picnic !!

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I get tired of reading about people of my nationality who do stupid and criminal things, because it reflects on those who are law-abiding.

Irrespective of any penalties he may get from the Thai authorities, IMO he should be deported after said penalties, and banned for life from Thailand.

Agree to the first part.

As for the 2nd part, no deportation as jails in Australia are like hotels compared to here, let him rot here for his crime vs the Oz tax payer paying for his accommodation and meals.

8 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

96 bullets! 

From the OP photo, fhey appear to be cartriges, not bullets. 

In this day and age, how would anyone who plans to travel by air not know of restrictions on the carriage of such restricted by air? Did he also have a Ned Kelly suit in this baggage?

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

AFAIK my ancestry does not have a single criminal in it. Generalizations are much easier for lazy people.

One of my ancestors was hung in Australia because he would not grass up the the one committing the highway robberies! Obviously this streak has been watered down over the generations, Me "it's him over there"!.... 

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Agree to the first part.

As for the 2nd part, no deportation as jails in Australia are like hotels compared to here, let him rot here for his crime vs the Oz tax payer paying for his accommodation and meals.

I did say deportation AFTER any penalties applied in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

One of my ancestors was hung in Australia because he would not grass up the the one committing the highway robberies! Obviously this streak has been watered down over the generations, Me "it's him over there"!.... 

highway robberies!!   Bushranger and there were plenty of them. I come from Kelly country and went to school with some of the descendants. Harry Power, another, had a hideout not far from my childhood home.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was travelling with his wife and three children.

Does seem peculiar that he'd want 'self-defence' on a family holiday.

Who knows; we get drip-fed snippets from various news sources, maybe there's a fraction of truth, somewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

He was travelling with his wife and three children.

Does seem peculiar that he'd want 'self-defence' on a family holiday.

Who knows; we get drip-fed snippets from various news sources, maybe there's a fraction of truth, somewhere.

They'll have a spare seat on the way home.