Hua HIn Immigration . score 100%

1 hour ago, bluemoon58 said:

Have to say that after reading some of the horror stories of various IO's around the country, Hua Hinian expats seem to be blessed with one of the better run IO's. Me and "her indoors" have never had a problem with HH IO in 10 years.

Yea ... what he said.  Udon Thani & Nong Khai run just as efficiently & polite as HH also.  Others that I read about here ... NO THANKS.

• Thanks 1

I went to Hua Hin at the end of November to renew my extension of stay based on retirement. I had booked an appointment online which proved to be a worthwhile option. Arrived around 09.30 for the 10.00 booking and had all papers checked downstairs before going up to the Office. Very busy!! Saw the female IO sitting by a sign stating Online Appointments, showed her my booking and was told to take a seat. There were at least 5 or 6 in front of me for the renewal but within 5 minutes I was called to the counter and proceeded to have my paperwork dealt with.

All done and dusted by 10.20 and certainly back up the OP with the 100% comment as has always been the case here. Very efficient and polite making this Office one of the top 5 in the Country based on comments made on this forum. Well done Hua Hin. 

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

I recently went for the retirement extension elsewhere. Was asked:

IO: Where is your wife?

Me: Working.

IO: Why isn't she here?

Me: Retirement extension not marriage extension

IO: We need her here anyway.

They obviously don't (unless she is the only way you can confirm your address)......but they do like their comfort blanket. Quite typical of a rural Immigration office - and I have experienced the same.

Jomtien - which is more of a processing factory - routinely deals daily with scores of single male applicants.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

I recently went for the retirement extension elsewhere. Was asked:

IO: Where is your wife?

Me: Working.

IO: Why isn't she here?

Me: Retirement extension not marriage extension

IO: We need her here anyway.

Very true. My Thai Mrs takes me (she drives, I don't) when I apply for retirement extensions. They ask her to sign the photocopies of her blue house book and ID card. 

1 minute ago, The Fugitive said:

They ask her to sign the photocopies of her blue house book and ID card.

That's is for your address.

Just happens you live at her place.

If you applied for extension retirement and rented condo etc they may ask for rental contract or TM30 or whatever.

The married bit is side issue. 

• Thanks 1