Phuket’s Russian Revolution 2022

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Just Googled, time flies it was back in 2018. The hotel I alluded to is just off of South Pattaya road, not far from Tukcom, was running late (hire car needed to be returned) after Google maps screwed me around, driving on fumes, and having pulled up for a second to figure out where the hell I was, decided to book a couple of nights before heading to Bkk and fell for it calling itself "Boutique Hotel" - the vision in my head of a cute little cosy joint in a fairly decent location was soon vanquished when I found it, a right <deleted> hole IMO not helped by the four coachloads.

That's the one. It had a vacant lot across the street where they parked tour buses. They also parked them up and down Thapraya Rd and my friend tells me many parked behind Central Marina.

2 minutes ago, 10baht said:

I can't tell if you are tongue in cheek or you swallowed it.  Show me a pretty quiet and well mannered Chinese and I'll show you a Taiwanese. IHO

If you're not comparing the Chinese to Russians then you are off topic. I was. And I was really referring to independent travellers as that's the appropriate comparison.

Edited by ozimoron

10 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I expect some wouldn't want to sit at the same table as a nationality that has created so much horror in their neighboring country.

In fact, I am one of the. And I am not Ukranian.

21 hours ago, Guderian said:

Well the guy on the right is military age and doesn't look like he's be very happy with Putin sending him off to serve in the Meat Grinder, so no prizes for guessing why he's here, lol.

1000_F_257491642_gNHXwcijo3zdbdNZu3Vx6mb

Oh,there’s a guy…?! My eyes hadn’t focussed from beyond 2/3rds from the left .. ???? 

10 hours ago, London Lowf said:

All Russians are not Putin or the Kremlin - clearly, a lot of those that are travelling to Thailand are at odds with their country's actions.

By the way, how do you feel about Germans?

At this point in the conversation I’m throwing in the towel.. ???? 

Before the Russian draft there were many westerners, independent and families, my guess is die to low flight prices. Right now Indians and Russians, but a big part of the Russians are long stayers. I expect the Indians to keep coming, but not many westerners the next months. So while condo's and long term options will be busy, hotels and tours will quiet down considerably in my expectation.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:19 PM, IamNoone88 said:

The Language schools are doing a fantastic business even as the class rooms remain "empty". Strange that ...

They must be doing zoom classes where they can just stay in their hotel room and not have to go to the Language school. (555)

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2022 at 8:21 AM, nickmondo said:

true.  the number of Russians here in Jomtien is ridiculous.  I wanted to live in Thailand not bloomin Moscow.  So annoying.  Time to travel north.  I hope Chiang Ri is not so infested

Up north sounds like a good idea. The Russkis love the beaches because they don't really have any in their massive country...except for Crimea, but...that doesn't really belong to them?!

I really wanted to abuse a Russian today. I was at Big C in Pattaya lined up at one of only three checkouts open and they told a Russian in front of me that checkout was cash only. He wasn't having it and just wanted to be obnoxious. They told him to go to another checkout but no, he just stood his ground. After about ten minutes of this I was forced to go line up at another checkout.