Non-O 90 day retirement visa from the London embassy

Apologies if this has been asked before.

I've been in Thailand for 18 months on tv/agent volunteer visa, and am now flying back home.

I've since turned 50, and am looking to come back to Thailand next month and retire.

I've followed the link from the Thai embassy website to the evisa page where I can select Non-O Retirement for no more than 90 days option.

What documents are required for this?

Can I then apply for a 12 month extension of stay while in Thailand?

Is this a Non-O or Non-OA visa?

Thanks in advance.

Upload what they ask in each section for You're non o,  pay your money, get your evisa by email then when your in Thailand open a bank account if you don't already have one and transfer 800,000 baht into it.

in the last month of you 90 days go to immigration and apply for the 12 month extension, other than that go to a visa shop and let them do everything for you for a fee.

• Like 1

Have things changed at the London Embassy then as I thought you had to be in receipt of State Pension to get the 90 day Non-IMM O visa (on the basis of being over 50) there but could get the 1 year multi-entry Non-IMM OA visa if you were over 50 and met the requirements?

If you do want to get the 90 Day Non-IMM O (And this is the easier of the 2 when it comes to extending) the easiest way to arrive in Thailand on a Visa Exempt and convert over to it. most people use an agent to assist with the process, costs approx. 25K but you'll get the 90 day Visa + 1 year's extension so will be set for 15 months).

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Have things changed at the London Embassy then as I thought you had to be in receipt of State Pension to get the 90 day Non-IMM O visa (on the basis of being over 50) there but could get the 1 year multi-entry Non-IMM OA visa if you were over 50 and met the requirements?

Just over 3 years ago I got the 90 day Non-IMM O visa (on the basis of being over 50) when well short of State Pension age and just applied for an extension ~ 3 months after arriving on it.

I did it this way as I thought it was a safer route after having made several entries on VE or TR already that year.  This was in the early days of the E-application so maybe you're talking about further back than that?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

Just over 3 years ago I got the 90 day Non-IMM O visa (on the basis of being over 50) when well short of State Pension age and just applied for an extension ~ 3 months after arriving on it.

I did it this way as I thought it was a safer route after having made several entries on VE or TR already that year.  This was in the early days of the E-application so maybe you're talking about further back than that?

Yes, with my recent history ve or tv would be way too risky at the Bkk airports. (Tourist visa would probably be ok at other borders)

Forking out for insurance on the Non-O would be a small price to pay.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

I went through the e-visa process.

It clearly says Non-O retirement for 90 days.

Documents required:

3 months bank statements showing £10000 + (or state pension)

Proof of residence

90 days insurance

You don't need insurance for the 90 day non o retirement, just write on a piece of paper not needed for this visa and upload it , that's what I done, everything ok, think I waited 2 days before evisa was sent to me. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

You don't need insurance for the 90 day non o retirement, just write on a piece of paper not needed for this visa and upload it , that's what I done, everything ok, think I waited 2 days before evisa was sent to me. 

Really? That's why I thought it was an OA application i.e the insurance requirement.

Thank you

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Thanks, I had it in my head that London wouldn't issue a Non-Imm O unless you were off State Pension age & when I did a quick check on the eVisa site it seemed to suggest the Non-IMM O's were for visiting family/marriage etc... No mention of Retirement/being over 50 but clearly it's possible. 

I ended up getting mine in Penang (I was working in Singapore at the time) & actually got the 1 Year Non-IMM O (Retirement) Multi-Entry visa as the agency I used saw that I was in & out of Thailand for weekend breaks every couple of weeks so just got the Multi-Entry.