Indonesian entry stamp on arrival

Dear all

my Indonesian wife has visited thailand many times, each day being given a stamp for 30 days on arrival at the airport. We returned yesterday and she was given 45 days on her stamp, the IO also wrote “45” next to the stamp. Is this correct? Has something changed recently for Indonesian arrivals? 

I have asked Mr Google but everything I can find says “30 days”

would be interested if anyone knows any different please.

thanks so much !

25 minutes ago, TTSIssues said:

Thanks so much - that’s put our minds at rest. Thank you ! 

You mention common visit for your wife 

For most farang a visa exempt flight from nearby countries would require an onward (return ) flight.

What is your wife experience in this regard.

With Indonesian pp I'm assume this is not required. 

Edited by DrJack54

We denizens of ASEAN do get a bit of leeway. I (Malaysian) used to visit Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia quite frequently with no questions asked. My stays range from a few days to weeks. I actually did a few visa runs (Thailand to Laos and back). No issues other than once having an officer write "in/out" on the stamp. But no questions asked other than friendly ones. 

Only the Philippines you'll actually need to show a return air ticket. Guess they don't want you stuck on their island. 

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

For most farang a visa exempt flight from nearby countries would require an onward (return ) flight.

Are you hoping to find another person who gets asked for an onward flight instead of it always being just you ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Are you hoping to find another person who gets asked for an onward flight instead of it always being just you ???? 

Good reason you are on ignore.

I can guarantee that example flight from Saigon to Bangkok WILL require an onward flight if flying without visa or reentry permit..

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Good reason you are on ignore.

I can guarantee that example flight from Saigon to Bangkok WILL require an onward flight if flying without visa or reentry permit..

Obviously not on ignore or how did you reply?

Standard response from DrJack, always pay for onward flight, always carry 20,000 baht, always use agent for 12 month extensions as we are obviously too stupid to be able to do it ourself 

7 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Obviously not on ignore or how did you reply?

Standard response from DrJack, always pay for onward flight, always carry 20,000 baht, always use agent for 12 month extensions as we are obviously too stupid to be able to do it ourself 

Onward flight for routes I mentioned absolutely required flying visa exempt. 

Don't ever recall recommending carry funds however good advice if flying visa exempt as takes out that option the io has for refused entry. 

I have never used a agent for extensions retirement.

I use money in bank method and offer advice regarding agents to those that ask for it. 

Your general advice is often poor. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your general advice is often poor. 

Yep, never required an onward flight since 2008, lucky me as I must be the only person getting away with having only a one way flight every time I come to Thailand

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Yep, never required an onward flight since 2008, lucky me as I must be the only person getting away with having only a one way flight every time I come to Thailand

I stated.....

"Onward flight for routes I mentioned absolutely required flying visa exempt" 

Read slowly. 

4 minutes ago, norbra said:

I would suggest he is traveling one way with a re-entry permit

No. 

This has been a nonsense over several months.

He is referring is flying visa exempt without an onward flight.

Most of us state something like ...

"Onward flight may be required" 

Indeed many reports from travellers flying visa exempt from places such as UK, EU etc without issue and no onward flight.

And also many reports of onward ticket being asked for by airline.

In this thread I was specifically referring to short haul flights from places such as PP, Saigon etc into Bangkok.

Seems the low cost airlines eg AirAsia will require an onward flight if flying without visa or reentry permit. 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:37 PM, DrJack54 said:

Indonesia is in ASEAN... 

Edited by problemfarang