Thailand Opens to All Visitors, Recommends Health Insurance

snoop1130

1672904714_304816-tnamcot-768x432.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 5 (TNA) – Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said Thailand was well prepared to welcome visitors from around the world including those who would start to arrive from China next week while relevant officials would be monitoring the COVID-19 situation.

After chairing a meeting on measures to welcome visitors, Mr Anutin said that existing disease control measures in the country were effective enough and would be applied to all visitors regardless of the countries from which they would arrive.

“In case that some countries require their arrivals to pass RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 before trips, such travelers will be required to have health insurance.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1089135

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-01-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“In case that some countries require their arrivals to pass RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 before trips, such travelers will be required to have health insurance.

I read this as 'If you pass a PCR test in your own country, you will need Covid Insurance to enter Thailand' 

If you do not pass the test, you should not be allowed to get on the plane!

22 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I predict that too.  ????

Thai pass, mandatory mask wearing everywhere outsode the house, temperature checks entering places,  booster and more vaccines for all the new varients, restricted bar opening times, dirty looks and avoiding anyone who is not Thai for fear they are disease ridden, etc etc.  So boring.  If this happens again I will leave.  I can't stand another round of that stupidity and political <deleted>! 

This is not happening, there is a limit to stupidity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redwood1 said:

The covid tests were complete and total  rubbish....They never proved a thing..

I know of a case personally where a friend of mine was ill, his wife and adopted kid were on holiday in Brazil, he lives in Europe.

He was ill and they were returning 2 days later, he did multiple test both the home ones and the proper PCR tests and all came back negative so they told him it was just a normal cold or flu type disease.

When the wife and kid arrived back they both developed covid and tested positive, he was definitely still ill for over a week but never did test positive - they probably caught it from him but who knows?

From the news article to which a link is given in the OP:

“In case that some countries require their arrivals to pass RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 before trips, such travelers will be required to have health insurance. This will benefit them if they are infected and must stay in Thailand until their recovery. Therefore, tourists should have their health insurance before visiting Thailand,” the [Thai] health minister said.

My question: Does China require that outbound passengers pass a Covid-19 test before travelling?

Edited by Puccini

15 minutes ago, Puccini said:

From the news article to which a link is given in the OP:

“In case that some countries require their arrivals to pass RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 before trips, such travelers will be required to have health insurance. This will benefit them if they are infected and must stay in Thailand until their recovery. Therefore, tourists should have their health insurance before visiting Thailand,” the [Thai] health minister said.

My question: Does China require that outbound passengers pass a Covid-19 test before travelling?

I read the quoted article as being about *inbound* travelers to China. The sentence about how this benefits the traveler clarifies that, at least to me. 

It’s actually sensible reasoning, IMO. I’m glad Thailand is not overreacting. 

Thailand has never been a leader, the countries which it is trying to follow is trying to make a political statement vis a vis China but those countries are not depending on Chinese tourists for revenues plus its ruining for other country's tourists as well who were planning to spend their winters here.

Thailand Hub of Dumb Decisions.

Edited by RandiRona
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Caldera said:

Not quite. If you need to pass a PCR test to fly out from Thailand (based on the entry requirements of the country you'll be flying to), you'll need Covid insurance for Thailand, to cover you in case you'll fail the test.

It will be a mess.

I thought this was about people flying INTO Thailand.

If you fail the test, you shouldn't be flying anywhere.

45 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please explain.

Friend called me an hour ago as she is planning a quick trip to Phuket from the US, and just asked me about this. I had no answer for her. She was going to make flight arrangements to fly Into Phuket in 3 weeks.  Now she is rethinking her 1 month training trip for Muay Thai and instead thinking of going to Brazil to add to her training and test instead for her next belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. She is a UFC fighter.

Edited by ThailandRyan