Sound problem from my PC

homeseeker

For a few years no problem with my PC(Dell-built in speakers) but recently the sound is giving out a stuttering echo type sound especially when music is playing.

I have good internet Fibre.

Windows 11.

I have checked my connections and plugs and seem no error.

Also have checked and did a test which says my speakers working ok.

I am not tech savvy so can anyone advise me in none complex terms:

What do  think is the problem ?

And how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

speakers are most likely busted.

Confirm that by plugging in some external speakers, if they work no problem it's most probably the internal speaker that's duff. If the problem persists with the external speakers then it's an issue with the PC hardware or software.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

Confirm that by plugging in some external speakers, if they work no problem it's most probably the internal speaker that's duff. If the problem persists with the external speakers then it's an issue with the PC hardware or software.

Could also use headphones.

Check in the sound config and the sound mixer. Check the device selected and different apps.

If hardware/software can't be fixed, you can use an external sound card or DAC in a USB port and add external speakers.

Thx for the helpful replies and yes absolutely correct Dell Technician came it was the speakers and replaced them internally and sound ok now. (under warranty so no charge)

Thats' the good news.

Unfortunately trying to fix everything I reset my Pc and seems i have created for myself a lot of problems. 

The taskbar says no connection which i have but certain programs will not load, and some applications will not work including Windows updates. Widgets cannot load as it says I have no connection etc etc

I have spent hours and hours trying to sort and the tech guy who came would only do the sound as too busy and I tried to ask Dell to do by remote but that won't work.

Does anyone know a company that can do a home visit?