Cheap Airfares From Usa Lately

jumnien

My friend has been trying to buy a roundtrip ticket from San Francisco to Bangkok for Aug 1st to Aug 21st, flexible on dates. He is getting fares around 1,300 dollars. Anyone getting any cheap fares lately? Can you tell me where? Thanks.

At China Airlines website it's $1,230 roundtrip. Doesn't this seem high?

Did you go to China-Air.com or China-Airlines.com you have to have a dash in their to go to the right website.

I have been flying to thailand from LA for the past 20 yrs. I have been using a consolidator (travel agency) in LA, could never beat their prices.

Call 323 913-3938 and ask for Emily, she has been very helpful.

August is the high season you know, beginning around 10 Sep starts lower fares.

Vantage travel just got me a roundtrip leaving in July for $1050 on JAL Airlines. Thats the best I could find before August 16 when prices drop a little.

Try www.farecompare.com too, thats a great place to start the search, particularly if your dates are flexible.

You can usually save a few hundred bucks with this consolidator:

http://www.bt-store.com/

They are very reliable. You can check fares online, but the purchasing process is different. You can even get frequent flyer miles for some airlines (I did for NWA) but you have to ask them how.

Also try Eva.

BTW, for those buying rt's with a return over the usual number of days (over a month?) most airlines really jack up the fare. The consolidator I mentioned does not do this for the exact same dates.

Edited by Jingthing