Entry to Thailand denied at the Poipet Cambodia border

4 hours ago, ChinChan said:

I don't have any "cancelled / deny stamp". She asked me seriously if I wanted it. Ofcourse I said no. And she let me go quickly back to Cambodia

So what happened when you returned to Cambodia? Didn't they cancel the exit stamp they had given you? That's what @visarunnerwas referring to.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not required until tomorrow.

Plenty of flights tonight Siem Reap to Bangkok.

don'd need be vacc'd> .they reversed themselves 
if no shots, submit to test on arrival and pray ur not positive>
or use another border<  If up in SR head to Osmach and surin, or Pailin or down south at Koh Kong

If flying in, air asia ask for a onward or return ticket at checkin in PP unless you have a visa.

Edited by zzzzz

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Most probably, you will be denied entry at many other border crossings too.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aren't you the chap that tried to cross into Cambodia from Pattaya border run and advised at that crossing to go to another border crossing then retried at same crossing week later with overstay.

Then subsequently asked about getting belongings out of Thailand? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

BTW 2019 was the notorious time when BKK and DMK went a bit out of control and some folk we're refused entry. 

Yeah, I had several friends who had the same issues during that time. That was a rough year... but back then I couldn´t even imagine how bad it would get in 2020 ????

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

From your description it looks like they were being nice to you (OK, avoiding doing the paperwork) so they likely won't have logged anything before sending you on your way.

I would think you'll be just fine to fly back, assuming of course that you meet the new vaxx requirements.

I have read about Poipet as well as other readers have. What I have NEVER seen posted are the reasons this is?  What is the benefit to refuse entry more than other border entries? What is their benefit to be difficult?  I have just never seen any explanation of this on the forum ever. Why would she send him away but not register it? I don't get it. Thanks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex8912 said:

I have read about Poipet as well as other readers have. What I have NEVER seen posted are the reasons this is?  What is the benefit to refuse entry more than other border entries? What is their benefit to be difficult?  I have just never seen any explanation of this on the forum ever. Why would she send him away but not register it? I don't get it. Thanks 

Thats one of the mysteries of the universe ????

• Haha 1

I went thru Ban Laem and have what some IO's make into issues but got thru fine.  But I used an agent who made my process seemless and VIP-like.

**he also knew which border would be issue and which wouldn't.  Priceless knowledge for the feeling of confidence things will go smoothly and be no issues.

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 2:48 PM, Crossy said:

From your description it looks like they were being nice to you (OK, avoiding doing the paperwork) so they likely won't have logged anything before sending you on your way.

I would think you'll be just fine to fly back, assuming of course that you meet the new vaxx requirements.

.... And insurance. 

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

It's not an urban myth. If Aranyaphratet / Poipet wasn't stricter than other border crossings, visa run companies would still be going there, if only because it's quicker to get there from Bangkok.

WHY they are stricter is anyone's guess. Maybe they're just lazy and don't like being overrun by border runners.

It's a very corrupt area where the moto drivers take you to a fake Cambodian consulate on the Thai side of the border to get ripped off. I think they prefer to keep long stayers away so they can rip off the backpackers more easily.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 8:16 PM, JoseThailand said:

It's not a real problem after all. Of all the people that are questioned by IOs at airports, only a tiny fraction get denied entry.

Maybe true if you mean of all the people questioned by IO across the board. If you mean what fraction of people who stay more than six months a year, every year, I have my doubts it's a tiny fraction having problems. Given that of the people I know in this category, all of them have faced issues (which doesn't mean everyone will, but unlikely to be a tiny fraction). For sure it's not specifically 180 exact days, but it seems like a fair estimate.

Since it's at the officers discretion, it comes down to who is stamping you in. Unless you have a sixth sense for these things (there likely is benefit paying attention to how officers are processing the other passengers), it's likely to catch up to you eventually.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

. If you mean what fraction of people who stay more than six months a year, every year, I have my doubts it's a tiny fraction having problems. Given that of the people I know in this category, all of them have faced issues (which doesn't mean everyone will, but unlikely to be a tiny fraction). For sure it's not specifically 180 exact days, but it seems like a fair estimate.

Seriously!! 

Your post is so inaccurate I don't know where to start.

Best bin it. 

1 minute ago, malone99 said:

Great point. That's because for the last 3 years almost everybody was either in or out of Thailand. 

Sure not hopping. 

There are plenty that have entered visa exempt and along with other extensions etc been in Thailand well over last 6 months plus.

Time for ignore. 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Throw away line.

Please show posts of refused entry with the ~ 180 day nonsense.

That's not even valid rule. 

Some folk get questioned at airports particularly with visa exempt entries.

Some folk even foolish enough to do that with almost zero turn around time.

I take note of refused entries via air and have seen zero recently.

Yes some have been questioned which in the main were same questions on the currently suspended arrival card.

I am aware of the few refused entries at BKK and DMK in 2019 which was bit of weird time at those airports. 

6 months in Thailand and difficult to enter? You are just parroting some extraneous posts. 

In any event all off topic.

The thread is about Poipet.

For anyone wondering why never to use that border crossing just Google.

"Issues at Poipet AseanNow" 

And read the horror stories in threads. 

I'm not talking about posts here, I'm talking about people I know personally who have spent the majority of the year in Thailand, year on year. They have all faced problems, without exception. I didn't say their rejection was explicitly cited as 180 days, it's just too much time in Thailand. Whether 180 or 300 days in Thailand is too much, seems rather beside the point. We know it's neither, so what kind of calculus would you expect is going on in the officers head?

That does not mean other people have faced problems, but it demonstrates the issue is common enough, unless I've just been exposed to a real anomaly.

It's not always about turnaround time (overnight visa run) either. I'm also not talking 2019, this goes back close to a decade.

I did not say a simple six months in Thailand will land you problems. I said people spending the majority of their time in Thailand, year on year for many years.

2 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

I did not say a simple six months in Thailand will land you problems. I said people spending the majority of their time in Thailand, year on year for many years.

I have no idea what you are saying. 

Many folk spend 6 + months in Thailand year after year. 

Even an METV gives 9 month stay. 

Again all off topic.

The thread is about Poipet and issues there have nothing to do with time spent in Thailand.

Another ignore. 

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are plenty that have entered visa exempt and along with other extensions etc been in Thailand well over last 6 months plus.

Time for ignore. 

With covid extensions even 2 years straight w/o leaving the country. 

Now is see where your confusion comes from. 

Brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, malone99 said:

With covid extensions even 2 years straight w/o leaving the country. 

Now is see where your confusion comes from. 

Brilliant. 

For heaven's sake 6+ months per year spent in Thailand on various visa exempt and tourist visas has been possible years prior to covid and subsequently after the borders and airports were opened. 

So to demonstrate how ridiculous..

Someone enters Thailand tomorrow visa exempt via air plus extension 75 days. 

Takes a trip to nearby consulate for tourist visa + extension. 

Then still has 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year each with extension. 

ZERO issues. 

Do the sums. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For heaven's sake 6+ months per year spent in Thailand on various visa exempt and tourist visas has been possible years prior to covid and subsequently after the borders and airports were opened. 

So to demonstrate how ridiculous..

Someone enters Thailand tomorrow visa exempt via air plus extension 75 days. 

Takes a trip to nearby consulate for tourist visa + extension. 

Then still has 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year each with extension. 

ZERO issues. 

Do the sums. 

Not a math issue, its thai Immigration practice issue

9 minutes ago, malone99 said:

Not a math issue, its thai Immigration practice issue

And thats just one example of many ways to remain in Thailand 6 months +..

"Immigration practice" ?

These 6 month + stays are recent and also pre covid.

BTW do you even know when land borders opened Thailand let alone airport entry. 

Hint it's over 6 months ago. 

Edited by DrJack54

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And thats just one example of many ways to remain in Thailand 6 months +..

"Immigration practice" ?

These 6 month + stays are recent and also pre covid.

BTW do you even know when land borders opened Thailand let alone airport entry. 

Hint it's over 6 months ago. 

Yes, and i estimate after 6 month ppl start running into problems. 

Only die hard thai fans did the thai pass nonsense. 

So u go figure. 

But since you're a know it all, 

Why not start a one year guaranteed stay in thailand or money back business? 

But then again, you more strike me as a talker... 

Otherwise I would be a customer and promoter, if the fees are fair.. 

• Like 1