Vehicle Ownership

It's likely that this question has been asked before, but the search facility is not offering much assistance.

Some time ago I attempted to change a vehicle ownership into my own name. I was told at that time that I needed proof of my address from the immigration office. For a number of reasons, the change was put on the back-burner.

The situation has arisen again, and this time I hope to follow it through. My question is that I now have a Thai driving licence (obtained with proof of address from immigration) which I didn't have before. Will this now suffice as proof of address?

Cheers

No.. At least not in Phuket it doesnt.

And creates the laughable situation whereby to show the local transport office my formal address.. I went to immigration, who confirmed it by seeing my license, to write me the confirm.. To take back to the transport office !!!

No.. At least not in Phuket it doesnt.

And creates the laughable situation whereby to show the local transport office my formal address.. I went to immigration, who confirmed it by seeing my license, to write me the confirm.. To take back to the transport office !!!

I guessed as much. :o

We'll ring the licence office on monday morning to confirm. Cheers.

I should also say.. That when going to immigration ideally they want to see your house rental / lease agreement.. I had one but tried it on with the license to see how it went. I dont know if its 'standard practice' to accept a license.

I should also say.. That when going to immigration ideally they want to see your house rental / lease agreement.. I had one but tried it on with the license to see how it went. I dont know if its 'standard practice' to accept a license.

On the resident certificat that you need for a thai driver's license there are two blocks to check; either for "drivers license" or "buy/car or motorbike" with that in hand from immgr. it seem to be no problem to buy a car I have bought two of them in my name...........Good Luck, and the form can be downloaded from thaivisa