Hua Hin Airport: More services for private jets would help attract new groups of tourists, seminar told

webfact

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

... or customers who would actually use.  Not much demand, so why supply.

I question that. Many of us will do nearly anything to avoid the congestion and traffic of Bangkok. I have said it many times. Hua Hin is the perfect hub. And the demand would be there. Alternatives to swampy and Don Muang must be found. The nation sorely lacks easy access to quick flights. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

By offering more services for private jets at Hua Hin airport, it could help to attract a new and more promising group of tourists to the region, a seminar has been told.

Dream dream dream....

• Like 2

If you take Florida as an example, there are numerous smaller airfields serving various communities with rows of private jets and turbo props parked up. 

Hua Hin would be ideal in this regard, however, you do need the services available. 

I suspect there is another reason why more flights are not encouraged, and it's nothing to do with commercial reasons!!!

5 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

If you take Florida as an example, there are numerous smaller airfields serving various communities with rows of private jets and turbo props parked up. 

Hua Hin would be ideal in this regard, however, you do need the services available. 

I suspect there is another reason why more flights are not encouraged, and it's nothing to do with commercial reasons!!!

Talk about apples and orange comparison, a state with 2000+ km of coastline with easy access to the Caribbean islands.  And Hua Hin, with a beach you really don't want to swim in.

Along with a country where people actually own private planes and will utilize the airport.   Who is going to fly into Hua Hin or even has a plane to do so.

The only people here to fly to the beach are the military and they got their own little 'private' Gulfstreams, along with their own beach/military base at Ao Manao.  I see those coming and going all the time.  A little guy a little beach time, lovely.

15 hours ago, Partenavia said:

True. But there are many reasons why the super rich are attracted to Florida, and very, very few reasons why they would be interested in coming here. They tend to be attracted to progress. Not prehistoric regression. 

Edited by spidermike007

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I question that. Many of us will do nearly anything to avoid the congestion and traffic of Bangkok. I have said it many times. Hua Hin is the perfect hub. And the demand would be there. Alternatives to swampy and Don Muang must be found. The nation sorely lacks easy access to quick flights. 

Hua Hin to/from Singapore would be an excellent route for connections to other parts of Asia and to Australia. Could bring many travellers.

Edited by soi3eddie

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Hua Hin to/from Singapore would be an excellent route for connections to other parts of Asia and to Australia. Could bring many travellers.

Exactly. HH could be a great option for a regional airport. They sunk alot of money into the airport. It is easy to get to and from. Rail link, minivans, etc. Makes absolutely no sense that it is not highly utilized. Singapore, KL, Vientiane, Ho Chi Minh, Phnom Penh, Jakarta, Tokyo, Taipei, and even Bkk. Not to mention 20 or so spots within Thailand. Anyone have an explanation? It has nothing to do with demand. I remember a few years ago Air Asia signed a commitment to fly 30 plus flights a day in and out of HH. The Thai authorities reneged. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1