My Eyes Just Hurt My Brain!

GammaGlobulin

Beck makes me cream. 

I creamed twice at Ronnie Scott's, in fact, listening to Beck sweat over his guitar. 

Beck must have been born in a manger, half musician and half the son of God. 

Clapton should fall at Beck's feet, and kiss his footsteps, as Clapton crawls behind, just trying to keep up. 

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just out of idle curiosity, might there have been even one lucky soul, a member of ThaiVisa, who attended Beck's stellar performance at Ronnie Scott's? 

If so, I want to know if you were shaken to your root. 

Saw Beck at Tower Theater, Upper Darby, 2003, excellent.

Also when toured w/SRV, shortly before he died..  Along with early days w/ Rod.

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Great, but... 

IMVeryHO, Beck at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club was something special.

Next favorite might be Tokyo. 

It's not so easy to just play nothing but a guitar, with no vocals, and still cream the Cream.

Rostropovich owned the cello. 

Beck owned the guitar. 

Is Beck as great as Rostropovich? 

Absolutely! 

Saw Beck at the CIS in Manchester in 1968, when a certain Mr Stewart had just been initiated as singer. He performed at the far left with Mr Beck out front centre.

I heard that Rod was supposed to sing lead on Hi Ho, but was too pi55ed the night before, so Jeff did it himself.

A couple of years back, Jeff did a tour with God.....Brian Wilson.

Edited by KannikaP

13 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Great, but... 

IMVeryHO, Beck at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club was something special.

Next favorite might be Tokyo. 

It's not so easy to just play nothing but a guitar, with no vocals, and still cream the Cream.

Rostropovich owned the cello. 

Beck owned the guitar. 

Is Beck as great as Rostropovich? 

Absolutely! 

I picked up the DVD when it was available here.  Though now, nothing to play it on.  All over YT or torrents anyway.

I think JB & EC are equally gifted, and both can play whatever their thoughts think of, and send to their fingers.  Made a point to see EC when he toured, and probably, if not, seen him 10 times.

Even here at Impact / Nonthaburi, with the wife, as everyone should see them live, at least once in their life.

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I picked up the DVD when it was available here.  Though now, nothing to play it on.  All over YT or torrents anyway.

I think JB & EC are equally gifted, and both can play whatever their thoughts think of, and send to their fingers.  Made a point to see EC when he toured, and probably, if not, seen him 10 times.

Even here at Impact / Nonthaburi, with the wife, as everyone should see them live, at least once in their life.

If you are referring to the DVD of Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's, you will know, as you have stated, that the DVD is quite different from what you get on YT. 

Very different in sound quality and in other respects. Just not the same. 

A few years ago, I uploaded the DVD in its full glory to my storage in the cloud. 

When listening to the DVD, try to keep your clothes on, and turn your mobiles off. 

(In addition to this DVD, I have also uploaded to my cloud storage the entire series of Dream of The Red Chamber. I consider Jeff Beck's performance at Ronnie Scott's to be the absolute equal in cultural significance to Hong Lou Meng.) 

I will gladly listen to any Jeff Beck that I have not already listened to. And, I used to listen to a lot.

In my opinion, besides Beck's Ronnie Scott's performance, which I considered to be sort of a labor of love for Beck, since he knew who was in the audience, at Ronnie Scott's, at the time...

I consider Beck's performance, in 1999, in Tokyo, to be his second most exciting (could be wrong).

Unfortunately, this YT upload just is not good enough.

So Solly, because, we love Beck and we love what Tokyo used to be, too.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I heard that Rod was supposed to sing lead on Hi Ho, but was too pi55ed the night before, so Jeff did it himself.

Sorry but that’s apocryphal. Jeff Beck signed a solo deal with pop producer Mickie Most in 1967 and told Most he wanted to be a star. Mickie Most gave him “Hi Ho Silver Lining” for his first single, a song Beck did not wish to record but has subsequently became famous for, especially in parties in the UK.

Jeff didn’t recruit Rod Stewart until some time after, certainly after Jeff’s further solo hits “Tallyman” in 1967 and “Love Is Blue” in 1968.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I will gladly listen to any Jeff Beck that I have not already listened to. And, I used to listen to a lot.

In my opinion, besides Beck's Ronnie Scott's performance, which I considered to be sort of a labor of love for Beck, since he knew who was in the audience, at Ronnie Scott's, at the time...

I consider Beck's performance, in 1999, in Tokyo, to be his second most exciting (could be wrong).

Unfortunately, this YT upload just is not good enough.

So Solly, because, we love Beck and we love what Tokyo used to be, too.

No matter what....

You just gotta admit...

There is just NO WAY the likes of Clapton could hold an audience spellbound, without uttering a word...

With just a guitar.

Nobody can.

Only Beck.

Beck is legend in Japan.

Beck is God.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The strange thing about Beck is that he can play anything, in any way, and play it better than anyone. 

He can play Hendrix better than Hendrix, at the drop of a hat. 

Hank Marvin?

41 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No matter what....

You just gotta admit...

There is just NO WAY the likes of Clapton could hold an audience spellbound, without uttering a word...

With just a guitar.

Nobody can.

Only Beck.

Beck is legend in Japan.

Beck is God.

Beck is excellent, but so is EC live, as he throws in solos in the middle of songs.

Lots of player put on intense shows, with minimal lyrics, and hold ones attention.  All putting in long solos in the middle of songs.  Pink Floyd and such.  Even Jazz players:

Grover Washington played amazing sets in concert.  So much more than 3 mins krap produced for radio play.

Edited by KhunLA

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Lucky you, I wish I had the opportunity to see him and so many other great bands of the 1960's.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Beck is excellent, but so is EC live, as he throws in solos in the middle of songs.

Lots of player put on intense shows, with minimal lyrics, and hold ones attention.  All putting in long solos in the middle of songs.  Pink Floyd and such.  Even Jazz players:

Grover Washington played amazing sets in concert.  So much more than 3 mins krap produced for radio play.

Pink Floyd, NO! 

Many Jazz musicians, YES! 

So, please name your top two jazz guitarists. Wes Montgomery, and who else? 

53 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Wes Montgomery.

Amazing.

But, no Beck.

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Pink Floyd, NO! 

Many Jazz musicians, YES! 

So, please name your top two jazz guitarists. Wes Montgomery, and who else? 

Not really into jazz guitarist.  Saw Clarke & friends on tour mainly for Najee & Cobham, though pleasantly surprised with the rest.  Plus a small venue, Valley Forge place with rotating stage.

2 hours ago, ArnieP said:

Sorry but that’s apocryphal. Jeff Beck signed a solo deal with pop producer Mickie Most in 1967 and told Most he wanted to be a star. Mickie Most gave him “Hi Ho Silver Lining” for his first single, a song Beck did not wish to record but has subsequently became famous for, especially in parties in the UK.

Jeff didn’t recruit Rod Stewart until some time after, certainly after Jeff’s further solo hits “Tallyman” in 1967 and “Love Is Blue” in 1968.

OK, I heard incorrect hearsay regarding HiHo.. But it was in 68 I saw Rod & Jeff together.

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not really into jazz guitarist.  Saw Clarke & friends on tour mainly for Najee & Cobham, though pleasantly surprised with the rest.  Plus a small venue, Valley Forge place with rotating stage.

How's Valley Forge Park these days, by the way? 

Please note; you can't park in Valley Forge Park, with your GF, after dark. 

I once got ticketed in my '60 Chevy, in 1970. 

Nobody there but the park rangers and us in a state of half-undress. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin