Savannakhet /Mukdahan to Khon Kaen by bus after visa collection at Thai Consulate

elektrified

Hi,

Hoping some locals to Mukdahan may help. I need to travel to the Thai Consulate in Savannakhet next month. As I understand it, visas are picked up the 2nd business day between 14:00-16:00 from the Consulate.

Would there be enough time (in the event it took until 16:00 to collect my visa) to get to the border, stamp out, bus to over the bridge, stamp in at Immigration and still catch the 17:30 bus from Mukdahan to Khon Kaen? I assume visa collection is first come, first serve? If I were to queue up by say 13:00 at the Consulate would that assure me of say getting the visa by 15:00 which would give 2 hours?

As far as I can tell, there is only one bus per day to Khon Kaen from Mukdahan and it's at 17:30.

Does anyone have any information?

Thank you in advance.

Picking up the Passport with the visa is easy, not the same as the application on Day 1.

I think the last time I picked up my Passport I was in the Taxi to the border within 10 minutes after they allowed us in to pick up the Passport

Edit: My advice would be

1- Be in the queue early (maybe as you said 13:00)

2- Have a Taxi waiting to bring you to border. Or maybe even arrange a Taxi to bring you all the way to Thailand so you don't have to wait for the Bus.

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 2