Pattaya Visa Extension and Bank balance procedure issue

Hi

i am relocating from Udonthani to Pattaya and would appreciate advice regarding supplying same day  bank letter & statement. Udonthani is not very busy and my bank is only 100 metres from Immigration so no problem getting bank stuff before I go to immigration.

But I will be staying in central Pattaya and immigration is in Jomtien and extremely busy every day and I can’t get there really early as bank doesn’t open until 9am and so may not get seen if queues are very long. So I envisage I may have to attempt a few times unless there is something I am missing 

So could someone in the same situatio, explain how they extend their Non O Visa without using an agent “

Thanks in advance for all replies 

Edited by Black Ops
ALL CAPS REMOVED

I always go for the bank letter the day before. No problem in Jomtien (so far). Don't forget to update your book with a transaction when you are at the bank. Officially it can be 7 days old if I remember correctly. But this seems to be up to the immigration (officer). 

If your "home branch", the bank where you opened your account is outside of Chonburi, then the letter can take a week or more .  It takes some planning because there is a limit on how many days old the letter can be.  I think 15 days but I may be wrong.  Maybe somebody else can verify

Hi Mickeymaus

I appreciate your reply and never new there was a 7 day window, as I thought once you get a letter from bank you could reduce the 800,000 baht before you get the extension 

the 15 days window seems very generous, so I will keep to the 7 days

I suppose Udonthani adopt a different approach because it is much less busy.

so I have been worrying unnecessarily 

Thanks for all other replies 

3 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I always go for the bank letter the day before. No problem in Jomtien (so far).

Same here in KK.

But this year I was reminded for the first time that the >bankbook< has to be updated same day. All the years I did both the day before.

Bangkok (Chaeng Wattana) seems to be the worst with these requirements.

But is Jomtien that relaxed?

3 hours ago, Tosseroon said:

i am relocating from Udonthani to Pattaya

You should consider to "relocate" your bank account.

Relocate means open a new account (close the other or not).

Within the same bank it shouldn't be too complicated.

54 minutes ago, Tosseroon said:

Hi Mickeymaus

I appreciate your reply and never new there was a 7 day window, as I thought once you get a letter from bank you could reduce the 800,000 baht before you get the extension 

the 15 days window seems very generous, so I will keep to the 7 days

I suppose Udonthani adopt a different approach because it is much less busy.

so I have been worrying unnecessarily 

Thanks for all other replies 

I wouldn't reduce the amount within the first 3 months ⚠️⚠️⚠️. And afterwards only to 400,000 but have the 800.000 there in time for the next extension (I think 2 months before but please check this again). 

The seven days are often up to the immigration officer. At Jomtien I never had a problem even with 2 days. I always go weeks in advance to be on the safe side. You can come up to 30 days earlier. 

Hi

im not worried about getting any bank documents, it’s having to do it on the day I’m going to apply for the extension. I imagine Jomtien is chocker block with other applicants and concerned I don’t get seen same day, and potentially having to keep doing it until I get eventually get seen????????

so having to produce an updated bank book in same day is a killer !

I don’t want to have to rely on the officer I get to see

20 hours ago, Tosseroon said:

Hi

im not worried about getting any bank documents, it’s having to do it on the day I’m going to apply for the extension. I imagine Jomtien is chocker block with other applicants and concerned I don’t get seen same day, and potentially having to keep doing it until I get eventually get seen????????

so having to produce an updated bank book in same day is a killer !

I don’t want to have to rely on the officer I get to see

On the corner soi 5 joimtien opposite the market you find a bangkok bank branch. That said open your account there then you dont need to worry about the Updates. 

Wbr

Roobaa01