Sending IRS documentation to the states

riclag

I recently received mail from the IRS Submission Processing Center in Kansas City,Mo , requesting signatures on our 2021 1040 SR  Tax filing.

Apparently the Irs is claiming my paper return doesn’t show a “valid original signatures”.

Just so you know during the filing season my accountant tried to use efile which was always successful in prior years but not this particular season! So at the time he suggested filing a paper copy using Docu sign  signatures.

The Irs supposedly is trying to make us use their PIN number process each year but I never received any numbers in the mail.

I contacted my accountant in the states and he suggested following the directions on the form( 3531) and sign the 1040 again and send it to  the return usa address on the envelope(above )I received ,using a tracking mail service.

That being said ,What is the best and secure way  ? Money isnt a issue ! Peace of mind knowing it gets there is pinnacle.Any suggestions of Thai Post tracking to use?

I need to send this asap

Thanks

Edited by riclag

I had some tax documents (payments) last month to send to the IRS and I used Fed Ex with tracking. My documents arrived safely and I was able to track these until they arrived at the IRS office. I am not recommending Fed Ex but merely explaining my experience. 

audit.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I had some tax documents (payments) last month to send to the IRS and I used Fed Ex with tracking. My documents arrived safely and I was able to track these until they arrived at the IRS office. I am not recommending Fed Ex but merely explaining my experience. 

audit.jpg

I forgot to mention that this transaction was from Bangkok to Cincinnati, OH. Cheers

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

audit.jpg

I’m up here in Sakon Nakhon  , I checked google for fedex branches

and unfortunately there aren’t any.

Send by Fed Ex at a Fed Ex store. You will have a tracking number to follow and a signature upon arrival at the IRS, which you should print for your records. I have done this several times and about 7 days for delivery in the states from Thailand. Don't mess with Thai post as it will lay at the airport for 2 weeks before outgoing mail is flown overseas.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandRed said:

Send by Fed Ex at a Fed Ex store. You will have a tracking number to follow and a signature upon arrival at the IRS, which you should print for your records. I have done this several times and about 7 days for delivery in the states from Thailand. Don't mess with Thai post as it will lay at the airport for 2 weeks before outgoing mail is flown overseas.

There  aren’t any fedex up here in Sakon Nakhon

14 hours ago, Keep Right said:

audit.jpg

I agree, I use FedEx with confidence.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, riclag said:

I’m up here in Sakon Nakhon  , I checked google for fedex branches

and unfortunately there aren’t any.

Fed ex is a poor choice for shipping. They waste so much money and resources to get your anything anywhere. Many Gov't agencies now refuse their  services and will not accept them at all. Best to use EMS (Thai) and be sure to get a tracking number. 4 days from Udon to Anchorage AK, every time I have used them.

• Thanks 1

In Sakon Nakon Thai post office

I used EMS World Thailand ,

1650.00 bht . Suppose to be 10 days to the states.

Contents consisted of 10 pages of documents and the bubble protection envelope they provided.

I asked the Mrs if they had other EMS services , she said no!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 7:37 PM, riclag said:

In Sakon Nakon Thai post office

I used EMS World Thailand ,

1650.00 bht . Suppose to be 10 days to the states.

Contents consisted of 10 pages of documents and the bubble protection envelope they provided.

I asked the Mrs if they had other EMS services , she said no!

Arrived at the destination post office in  Kansas City, Mo ,Jan 20, approximately 7 days after leaving Sakon Nakhon . Put into the IRS PO box there . according to USPS tracking , it was signed by IRS rep.

Signed for By: I RS  //  KANSAS CITY,  MO  64999 //  1:02 pm

• Like 1

Good that cleared up - do you really need to use an accountant to submit tax?  Not hard for most normal returns to do online, and if use OLT not even a fee involved if no state return required.  I dread federal forms as much as anyone but for most only takes an hour or two online (maybe a bit more first time), plus another 30 minutes for FBAR if required as long as you get interest (convert to USD)/bank address/1099/ssn/itin/birth dates/bank account for refund.  Once done using an online provider most information is entered for next year making it even less work.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RamenRaven said:

UPS Express. Flat fee for one envelope is around 1.800 baht.

The IRS recommends using UPS, FedEx, and DHL.

I dont have fedex or ups up here in Sakon Nakhon . I’ve seen delivery motorcycles with DHL markings 

but my Mrs doesn’t know where there location is.

I ended up using the Thai Ems Post , special service  “World”,with tracking ,costing 1650 bht. The contents  consisted of 10 docs and the bubble envelope.

Thanks