border run to cambodia question

Hi,

I have an METV visa and I will need to soon to fly to cambodia and come back to thailand to stamp the second entry. Could you please tell me if it's possible to do in the same day? I have nothing to do in Cambodia, I just want to fly there and fly back to Thailand on the same day a few hours after i arrive? is that allowed? or i need to stay 1-2 days in cambodia?

thank you.

Leaving on the same day might be a problem with Cambodia's immigration. At land borders you have to pay extra for an exception, I don't know how they handle this at the airports.

Why Cambodia, anyway? You probably (depending on your nationality) need to pay for a visa. Malaysia might be a better option. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Leaving on the same day might be a problem with Cambodia's immigration. At land borders you have to pay extra for an exception, I don't know how they handle this at the airports.

Why Cambodia, anyway? You probably (depending on your nationality) need to pay for a visa. Malaysia might be a better option. 

thank you.

I have an Israeli passport so Malaysia is not an option. Singapore is a bit too pricey from what i checked. perhaps Laos? will they also not allow entering and leaving in the same day?

5 minutes ago, webber4 said:

thank you.

I have an Israeli passport so Malaysia is not an option. Singapore is a bit too pricey from what i checked. perhaps Laos? will they also not allow entering and leaving in the same day?

Laos allows it, no problem. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Generally, you are supposed to stay one night in Cambodia, unless you have a multiple entry business visa for Cambodia. However, there is an exception when entering and leaving specifically from Phnom Penh airport. You can exit Phnom Penh on the same day you arrive. Your only potential issue could be the officials at the Bangkok airports who have been known to refuse to honour tourist visas if, in their view, you have spent too much time as a tourist in Thailand.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Generally, you are supposed to stay one night in Cambodia, unless you have a multiple entry business visa for Cambodia. However, there is an exception when entering and leaving specifically from Phnom Penh airport. You can exit Phnom Penh on the same day you arrive. Your only potential issue could be the officials at the Bangkok airports who have been known to refuse to honour tourist visas if, in their view, you have spent too much time as a tourist in Thailand.

Thank you very much for this valuable information!