Lazada Wallet Activation Problem

Daffy D

I've been ordering from Lazada for a few years now, always COD with never a problem.

The other day I had to return a faulty item. No problem, item delivered the day after placing order and collected the day after return request, awesome service :thumbsup:

Anyways, I now have a few hundred baht refund in my Lazada wallet that seems impossible to access.

I go to the activate wallet page and get the code to activate that then leads onto another page to confirm my activation, or something like that.

This new page wants a lot of personal informaton, that really has nothing to do with buying from Lazada. 

The page wants stuff like, am Thai or foreign, my ID Number, date of birth, occupation, a lot of personal stuff that has nothing to do with anything to do with buying from Lazada. I'm especially concerned about wanting the ID information.

Anyone else have to give up all this information to activate their Lazada wallet ?

13 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

The page wants stuff like, am Thai or foreign, my ID Number, date of birth, occupation, a lot of personal stuff that has nothing to do with anything to do with buying from Lazada. I'm especially concerned about wanting the ID information.

Yeah, this is all about KYC (Know Your Customer) and is a government requirement ???? Thais have to do it too.

You should have received an email with instructions on how to get your wallet contents out to your bank without actually activating.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, this is all about KYC (Know Your Customer) and is a government requirement ???? Thais have to do it too.

:sad:

You should have received an email with instructions on how to get your wallet contents out to your bank without actually activating.

As I said in the OP all my dealings have been COD. I don't want to complicate things by getting my bank involved :annoyed:

OKkkky Erm! being a cynical cautious type I filled all the required fields with not strictly correct information and got to the end without any warnings about missed or incorrect fields.

Obviously all the information they already had, name address etc. I kept the same.

But even so it would not let me send the form  :w00t: 

16 minutes ago, norbra said:

You will probably find that Lazada have outsourced "WALLET" to some financial entity who require details of customers whose money they are involved with

Yes But any gathering of such information should voluntary not compulsory and/or at least have a warning that any information given may be used by third party for marketing purposes. 

22 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Had this issue recently, if you pay by COD the funds will be returned to your wallet. It is not possible to use the wallet on desk top or notebook, as per the call from Lazada they told me i need a smart phone to use this service.

Shisssss!  That may be the problem.  Only got a desktop :sad:

Still doesn't justify all the extra personal information they want. 

2 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Yes But any gathering of such information should voluntary not compulsory and/or at least have a warning that any information given may be used by third party for marketing purposes. 

Agree Lazada very slack with refund process information especially about compulsory registration to wallet to get access to your refund.

27 minutes ago, Isan Farang said:

Had this issue recently, if you pay by COD the funds will be returned to your wallet. It is not possible to use the wallet on desk top or notebook, as per the call from Lazada they told me i need a smart phone to use this service.

That's not correct. I returned a cheap phone recently and had around 1000 baht refunded to my Wallet. I have been using that money to purchase other small things using my PC without any problems.

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That's not correct. I returned a cheap phone recently and had around 1000 baht refunded to my Wallet. I have been using that money to purchase other small things using my PC without any problems.

Care to share your secret, how to get the wallet to work on a PC desktop?

:smile:

1 minute ago, Daffy D said:

Care to share your secret, how to get the wallet to work on a PC desktop?

:smile:

Not sure about any secret, but when I purchase an item the price is automatically deducted from my Wallet. However, I can still change the option to COD if I want.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Not sure about any secret, but when I purchase an item the price is automatically deducted from my Wallet. However, I can still change the option to COD if I want.

OK! Understand that, but at any time in the past did you have to activate the wallet, or does it just deducted from the wallet automatically, without any activation?

7 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

OK! Understand that, but at any time in the past did you have to activate the wallet, or does it just deducted from the wallet automatically, without any activation?

I was trying to remember because it's been a few years. Pretty sure I had to use my tablet (before I had a smart phone) to complete some steps which included taking a pic of my passport and a selfie. So you are correct in that you either need a tablet or a smart phone to initially activate the Wallet. The steps to activate may have changed since I did it though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I was trying to remember because it's been a few years. Pretty sure I had to use my tablet (before I had a smart phone) to complete some steps which included taking a pic of my passport and a selfie. So you are correct in that you either need a tablet or a smart phone to initially activate the Wallet. The steps to activate may have changed since I did it though.

Cheers, Does seem a desktop will not work these days :sad:

Nobody bothers with desktops these days.

In the phone app I don't remember any extra info other than what they get from the passport page.

I was always COD too but Lazada has semi-blacklisted me after refusing several items (on delivery)

Keep in mind that money on Laz Wallet are locked in...you can't take them out..you can only buy stuff on-site or pay utilities etc.

37 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Cheers, Does seem a desktop will not work these days :sad:

What i done is i called Lazada and told them i do not have a smart phone, they then done the transfer by e mail, i had to send copy of my passport & copy of my info page on the bank book. After 3 days the funds were in my account.

• Thumbs Up 1