** Exporting from Thailand, Which Visa? **

Hi all, if one has a retail business based in the USA, lives in Thailand on a Thai Child Dependent Visa (Non-immigrant O), would there be any issue with exporting products from Thailand to USA for retail sale in the USA? There would be no need or desire for an office or employees here.

I'm a bit allergic to paperwork, so if it's a huge pain I'll probably just skip it, and continue importing from elsewhere. But if the attitude is to make it easy for foreign companies to buy and export, I may pursue it.

I'd appreciate any input, resources, and sharing of past experiences, thank you.

As a general rule, a simple export business (with no Thai employees or office) seems to be OK without a work permit. Indeed, it is totally acceptable on entry to Thailand visa exempt to state that you are here to attend trade shows and buy products for export. If you want greater certainty about your specific intentions, I would suggest talking with the local labour office to check if they foresee any problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

As a general rule, a simple export business (with no Thai employees or office) seems to be OK without a work permit. Indeed, it is totally acceptable on entry to Thailand visa exempt to state that you are here to attend trade shows and buy products for export. If you want greater certainty about your specific intentions, I would suggest talking with the local labour office to check if they foresee any problems.

Thank you for that @BritTim, that's what I was hoping.  I can't really see why anyone would see it as a problem, but wasn't sure.  Maybe I'll chat with the labour office anyway just for fun ;)