Forgot 90 Day Report - what to expect.

Got a lot on my plate at the moment with one thing and another.

Also been getting my paperwork ready to renew my retirement extension tomorrow. It expires on Friday 19th.

Went to get photos done this afternoon and photocopies of passport. Looking in passport I realised I should have done my 90 day report on Saturday 14th.

I even went to immigration this morning to pick up the necessary forms.

Bank tomorrow morning for statement, then off to immigration to renew retirement extension.

A bit worried what to expect. Just a fine? Or am I likely to face bigger problems?

TIA

3 hours ago, phetphet said:

Also been getting my paperwork ready to renew my retirement extension tomorrow. It expires on Friday 19th.

Ask to have your 90 day report done at the same time if not offered to you by the girl in charge of retirement extensions.  You are, as others have told you, not too late with the 90 day report.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

A bit worried what to expect. Just a fine? Or am I likely to face bigger problems?

Presumably nothing, as you have a window on 5 days after due date. Samui Immigration will reset 90-days reports when applying for a one-year extension of stay; you will have a note stapled in your passport about next 90-days reporting date.

However, you are a bit late for extension of stay, you should come no later than two weeks before. The officer at the desk might mention that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

Presumably nothing, as you have a window on 5 days after due date. Samui Immigration will reset 90-days reports when applying for a one-year extension of stay; you will have a note stapled in your passport about next 90-days reporting date.

However, you are a bit late for extension of stay, you should come no later than two weeks before. The officer at the desk might mention that.

Are you sure about that? When I once went in about ten days early, they told me, " Too early come back next week."

I  went in today, 18th ( my  extension expires  tomorrow, and was told to come back and collect my passport on 26th.  Though this time, they sent me away to put all the documents in the  order they are mentioned on the requirements sheet.

Again got charged that mysterious 100 baht extra. 5800 for extension and  multi re-entry  permit.

They never tell me what it is for. Maybe they do some extra copying. Still. As long as it all goes smoothly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, phetphet said:

Are you sure about that? When I once went in about ten days early, they told me, " Too early come back next week."

I  went in today, 18th ( my  extension expires  tomorrow, and was told to come back and collect my passport on 26th.  Though this time, they sent me away to put all the documents in the  order they are mentioned on the requirements sheet.

Again got charged that mysterious 100 baht extra. 5800 for extension and  multi re-entry  permit.

They never tell me what it is for. Maybe they do some extra copying. Still. As long as it all goes smoothly.

Yes I am, and since the immigration office moved to Maenam soi 1, I have always been asked to come back after about a week to collect my passport. They actually accept up to one month before expiry date now; earlier they only only accepted two weeks, if you came early, you would be asked to come back two weeks before expiry date. When I came two weeks before expiry date, I was asked to come one month before next time, which I also have used without problems, and with a comment from the immigration officer: »I like you, you are always so well organized«...????

If you want change on extension-fee, come with exactly counted money...:whistling: – if you want a smile, come with two one-thousand baht notes...:thumbsup: – I never got change or receipt, but I always ("always" in my case equals 15 years so far) got good service...????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Yes I am, and since the immigration office moved to Maenam soi 1, I have always been asked to come back after about a week to collect my passport. They actually accept up to one month before expiry date now; earlier they only only accepted two weeks, if you came early, you would be asked to come back two weeks before expiry date. When I came two weeks before expiry date, I was asked to come one month before next time, which I also have used without problems, and with a comment from the immigration officer: »I like you, you are always so well organized«...????

If you want change on extension-fee, come with exactly counted money...:whistling: – if you want a smile, come with two one-thousand baht notes...:thumbsup: – I never got change or receipt, but I always ("always" in my case equals 15 years so far) got good service...????

I handed her an envelop on which I had written:

Visa extension:         THB1900

Multi Entry Permit:   THB 3800

THB 5700.

I was told "One more."   So I gave her another 100. I just hope she wasn't asking for 1000. ???? 

Never a smile for me.  The saying, "Face like a Bulldog chewing a wasp" comes to mind.

As for organised. It would help if they stopped changing the forms and requirements every year.

I used to keep TM7 and TM8 .pdf's in my computer to fill and print. Now have to visit immigration to pick up latest forms and check what else they want that is particular to that specific office since the previous year.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I handed her an envelop on which I had written:

Visa extension:         THB1900

Multi Entry Permit:   THB 3800

THB 5700.

I was told "One more."   So I gave her another 100. I just hope she wasn't asking for 1000. ???? 

Never a smile for me.  The saying, "Face like a Bulldog chewing a wasp" comes to mind.

As for organised. It would help if they stopped changing the forms and requirements every year.

I used to keep TM7 and TM8 .pdf's in my computer to fill and print. Now have to visit immigration to pick up latest forms and check what else they want that is particular to that specific office since the previous year.                    

TiT, they will change something every year...:whistling: Just pick up the actual form(s) a day or two in advance – own printed form might not be accepted, I talk from experience – that's what I successfully has been doing for a number of years...????

• Like 1