Where To Go For German Or Jewish Food?

Steak House Willi

187/43 Mubaan Santisuk Moo3

Soi Pinio Song Prapa Srigan

Don Muang Bangkok

Food from Ottos is extremely heavy and can send you to sleep in a short period of time. Their dumplings taste like flour. But.. they have good bread in their bakery.

Unless you just HAVE to have your sausages cooked for you, i believe Foodland, the market in the emporium and most likely siam paragon will have good sausages.

Villa has bagels, foodland has pickels. never seen a good deli in Thailand but there's a new one at the ploen chit center, it's called New York Deli so must be worth a check out. Also there is a German restaurant across from ambassador hotel on soi 11 that is supposed to be decent; I've never eaten there myself

Edited by Fred Sanford

never seen a good deli in Thailand but there's a new one at the ploen chit center, it's called New York Deli

It SUCKS!

Very dissapointing; They spent all kinds of money on a nice looking shop, but the food is just tasteless and bland - psuedo-deli food. It looks OK, but no cigar! :o

Howdy,

That place Bei Otto Sukhumvit soi 20 or 21 had a Sunday buffet that was good (not sure if they still have it). They make great pork knuckles. :o and have those big pretzels. Best German food outside of Germany that I have ate.

Chung *j*

never seen a good deli in Thailand but there's a new one at the ploen chit center, it's called New York Deli

It SUCKS!

Very dissapointing; They spent all kinds of money on a nice looking shop, but the food is just tasteless and bland - psuedo-deli food. It looks OK, but no cigar! :o

thanks for that UG, somehow I'm not surprised

For what it's worth I was checking out the food market in the Paragon Center (Siam Sq) and among other things thought the sausage section was huge.Didn't see bagel's.Saw a wide selection of smoked fish and herrings in wine sauce,dill sauce,'"rollmops" etc. Prices are not inexpensive of course since it's basically for farangs and upper income Thai's.Not familiar w/ any good deli's in Thailand.

• 1 month later...
Howdy,

That place Bei Otto Sukhumvit soi 20 or 21 had a Sunday buffet that was good (not sure if they still have it). They make great pork knuckles. :o and have those big pretzels. Best German food outside of Germany that I have ate.

Chung *j*

OTTO is EXTREMELY overrated (as is the oh-so-famous GERMAN HOFBRÄUHAUS in Chiang Mai) !!!!! OTTO is a nice fellow, but the food is not more than average , and I have been there several times!

on the other hand, his attached DELIKATESSEN-shop can be recommended for sure.

if in Bangkok, the OLD GERMAN BEERHOUSE (sukhumvit 11 if I remember that right), despite its name, is doing excellent food from a huge menu. I had a Russia-Australian-Singaporean friend visiting me in BKK lately, and he decided to go for a VERY YUMMIE lentils-meal which for sure I will have as well the next time I am there (soon probably). Didnt expect such good food there.

the best German food in Thailand though, I had in Udon Thani lately, there are 2 German restaurants in the vicinity of CHAROENSRI COMPLEX and they are both absolutely SUPERB !

In Pattaya, BEI GERHARD (Naklua) is known to be the most successfull (and very reasonable priced) Western restaurant in town since decades. expect to queue up both for lunch and dinner

It SUCKS!

i agree , very poor food , even worse than subway. i ate at one once , in hua hin i think , i went in salivating after seeing the magic words "new york deli" , expecting all kinds of treats , but as with so many of these foriegn franchises , they are total crap.

i think the one in hua hin closed down and is now a macdonalds , thats how good it was.

i would love to find a decent deli here with good bagels , rye breads , chopped liver , salt beef , lockshen pudding and knishes.

go down the bottom of soi Nana...attached to the Nana City Inn is a german restaurant; they useta have the real goods...a 2 hour nap was guaranteed after the weinerschitzel, kraut and mash...

the BKK NY Deli is the subject of another thread...I don't get down that way often so can't make a judgement but any east coast US jew type on this forum should be able to put ye straight...

(Woody shuffles along 'he said "did jew?" no...not "did jew"; did you?...tutsi:'"did chooo?"...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior