Question about multi-entry Non-O visa

Hello, I am planning to apply for multi entries visa (NON-O) family type,

the reason for this I need to stay around a month, then leave for 3-4 weeks and return back,

The visa expiry date is usually 90 days from the date of issue, and when enter Thailand will get 90 days, and in the second entry will get another 90 days from the new entry (2nd) stamp, or will get stamp with remained days from 1st entry stamp? I did not apply for multi-entries before, so I have no idea,

Please explain if anyone done this before? or heard about similar experience? 

2 hours ago, mixmediana said:

Hello, I am planning to apply for multi entries visa (NON-O) family type,

the reason for this I need to stay around a month, then leave for 3-4 weeks and return back,

The visa expiry date is usually 90 days from the date of issue, and when enter Thailand will get 90 days, and in the second entry will get another 90 days from the new entry (2nd) stamp, or will get stamp with remained days from 1st entry stamp? I did not apply for multi-entries before, so I have no idea,

Please explain if anyone done this before? or heard about similar experience? 

Each time you enter Thailand you will get a new 90 day permission to stay starting on the new entry date, as long as your visa is still valid. The ME visa doesn't expire after 90 days, it's your current permission to stay that expires after 90 days. The ME Non-O is valid for one year.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, mixmediana said:

The visa expiry date is usually 90 days from the date of issue,

A single entry visa has an "Enter Before" date of 3 months from date of issue and a multi entry visa has an "Enter Before" date of 12 months.

As said you will get a new 90 day permission each time you leave and return.

I never knew this (!), so does this mean I can just keep coming in and out multiple times until Nov 2023 (but each trip not more than 90 days). So say 89 days, do a border bounce and come back for another 89 days and then do another a border bounce?

I got a ME non-O eVisa because I have to make a trip to Malaysia and I thought it was 90 days total. Never crossed my mind it was something else.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 09.49.44.png

Edited by MRToMRT

10 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

I never knew this (!), so does this mean I can just keep coming in and out multiple times until Nov 2023 (but each trip not more than 90 days). So say 89 days, do a border bounce and come back for another 89 days and then do another a border bounce?

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 09.49.44.png

Yes and as mentioned previously you can obtain extensions to each 90 day stamp..

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 1:46 AM, problemfarang said:

A suggestion from old experience: if you are planinng to do land border, dont even try cambodia. 

I have been refused like maybe 10 years ago and the reason was im abusing my visa. And i do believe IO was right but lol

Though yours is first multi so maybe wont be a problem.

Chong Chom/Osamach is no problem.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, problemfarang said:

A suggestion from old experience: if you are planinng to do land border, dont even try cambodia. 

I have been refused like maybe 10 years ago and the reason was im abusing my visa. And i do believe IO was right but lol

Though yours is first multi so maybe wont be a problem.

Just avoid Poipet. The other Cambodian crossings are OK, though there may be scams to get some money out of you.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 8:28 AM, DrJack54 said:

Added note.

As already pointed out each entry (while the visa is still valid) gives you a 90 day stamp.

If you wish to remain longer you can obtain an extension 30 days and also an extension 60 days to visit wife. 

Dr Jack, I believe that is not correct.. You cannot get a 30 day extension on a 90 day non imm visa entry. You can get a year extension (based on marriage or retirement) or you can get a 60 visit thai family extension (based on marriage or Thai children)

But, there is no 30 extension available to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry. 

You are correct that you can bounce in and out every 90 days and get 15 months if stay out of s year long multi entry non o visa, then even take the 60 day family extension (if you're married or have Thai kids) and stretch that to 17 months but that is the longest you can get on a year multi non o. 

• Thumbs Up 1