UCLA ALumni in Thailand?

Hi everyone,

The UCLA Alumni association hasn't had a rep in Thailand for a while, so I've offered to step in. I've been set up, and now I'd like to make a call to any other UCLA alumni who are interested in getting involved.

To start, I'm mostly focusing on admissions and career prep for Thais--hopefully over the next few weeks I'll be getting the word out in Thai that any Thai student interested in applying to UCLA can contact me for free advice and guidance. Hopefully there will be real interest from young people and, over time, I can get more volunteers to join.

Also it'd be great to arrange alumni meetups if it turns out there are enough people and there's interest. I was part of the New York UCLA Alumni network for a couple of years and we had some great meetups--world famous scientists and academics would come to give talks, we'd have sports and poker nights, and so on. While we may not be able to get as big here, even if there are half a dozen Bruins in the country, I think we could build a network that could provide some real opportunities for smart, ambitious young Thais and have some fun doing it.

If anyone is interested, please PM me here. I don't think I can post my email address here (if i can let me know and I will down thread). We don't have a website yet, but when I get one up it should be viewable here: https://alumni.ucla.edu/alumni-networks/thailand-network/ (link won't work now, but try in a month).

Thanks all, and mods I hope this is okay. If it isn't please let me know what I can do to promote this (Both UCLA and I are earning zero money from this, UCLA isn't paying me, and this isn't a request for money from anyone. I'd also strongly discourage anyone in Thailand from donating to UCLA, actually).