Retail Purchases

In two shops I was given a discount and did not inspect what I was actually being sold.

I got home and opening the packet found not shake, but very disappointing fare. If shown that prior I wouldn't have purchased it.

This is just 1-2gms I don't want to make too much fuss but the price is same if you buy 1 or 100gms in theory.

It's not bait and switch but not honest either. I expect the shop will need to sell off the chaft and popcorn for less - not fob it off on me.

I'm now to the point of not trusting shop sellers.

In two other shops I actually selected the bud I wanted. Seemingly no objections and that was fine.

55 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

In two shops I was given a discount and did not inspect what I was actually being sold.

Back in high school we had a football cheer for a bad call by a game official. "Seeds and stems, seeds and stems, we got burned". You have to check, this is why there is so much fraud on Line and Facebook, you cant really see, touch or smell what you are buying. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marin said:

Back in high school we had a football cheer for a bad call by a game official. "Seeds and stems, seeds and stems, we got burned". You have to check, this is why there is so much fraud on Line and Facebook, you cant really see, touch or smell what you are buying. 

Agreed. I never buy on Line but chatting with the sales person, checking out the buds and then it's like - yeah, just slip one gram of <deleted> inside.

More costly than they think as I won't be back.

• Like 1

I don't believe the poster.

You pick the weed from the jar you want.

The weed is weighed.

The weed goes into a clippy bag.

You pay and the weed is handed to you.

At no time does the weed leave your sight.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 7:18 AM, wombat said:

You pick the weed from the jar you want.

The weed is weighed.

The weed goes into a clippy bag.

You pay and the weed is handed to you.

At no time does the weed leave your sight.

Thats how its worked for me, generally the scale is in view and as you say ...

Some people should not be allowed out on their own.

have you forgotten where you are ? This is Thailand pal, you need to learn to keep your eyes open and to trust nobody. Anybody  selling anything anywhere needs to be regarded with a healthy suspicion ,            This includes  but is not limited to,   Lotus, Big C , PTT , PEA,  7/11 , Global , Thai Watsadoo , Homepro, Do-home , etc.  all chinese hardware shops, any local markets, mom and pop shops and of course anything connected to the motor,  trade.including main dealers

You also need to keep your wits about you when dealing with Banks, Insurance companies and hospitals. and be very wary when dealing with Teachers, Immigration and the Police, infact anybody wearing a uniform or receiving a government salary. 

Exercise caution when dealing with "tradesmen" especially electricians. and maintain vigilance when paying in  hotels , restaurants and of course  bars

Its a battlefield out there! with thousands of them lurking in the shadows,  just waiting to rip you off, with or without the help of your missis .  Always check your change . and don't forget to be extra alert around drug dealers lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Exercise caution when dealing with "tradesmen" especially electricians. and maintain vigilance when paying in  hotels , restaurants and of course  bars

Its a battlefield out there! with thousands of them lurking in the shadows,  just waiting to rip you off, with or without the help of your missis .  Always check your change . and don't forget to be extra alert around drug dealers lol

You forgot petrol stations, always get out and watch as they start and end the fill.

Else the pump will be at 200bht before it starts pumping.

Never pay a 100bht bill with a 1000bht note or they will claim you only gave a 500bht note.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

have you forgotten where you are ? This is Thailand pal, you need to learn to keep your eyes open and to trust nobody. Anybody  selling anything anywhere needs to be regarded with a healthy suspicion ,            This includes  but is not limited to,   Lotus, Big C , PTT , PEA,  7/11 , Global , Thai Watsadoo , Homepro, Do-home , etc.  all chinese hardware shops, any local markets, mom and pop shops and of course anything connected to the motor,  trade.including main dealers

You also need to keep your wits about you when dealing with Banks, Insurance companies and hospitals. and be very wary when dealing with Teachers, Immigration and the Police, infact anybody wearing a uniform or receiving a government salary. 

Oh dear God. I've been living here for 30 yrs. Yeah, got it champ.

I'm buying a gram. It's a simple purchase and don't expect to bicker over .25gm of marginal weed but I guess I need to. I figured I'd get a straight up deal the weed is not cheap.

I know I now need to check always.

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I agree, just yesterday I went to Big C for my weekly grocery run, and I bought some paper plates marked down to 39 baht from 59, but when I got home and checked the receipt they charged me 59 baht, those Bastards.  :shock1:

Edited by Trippy