Pattaya to Vientiane by bus

bbi1

Has anyone here taken a bus from Pattaya to Vientiane? How safe are the busses & drivers driving this route? Alternatively, what's the best way to get from Pattaya to Vientiane and rough costs if anyone here knows? Fly, bus, train?

I'm assuming that you need to take a bus to Nong Khai then another bus from Nong Khai to Vientiane, correct? Is there a VIP bus & roughly how much are the prices? Does the bus depart from North Pattaya Rd bus terminal? I believe we also need to have USD$40 or 1,500 baht on us for a visa to enter Laos for up to 30 days.

Edited by bbi1

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

How safe are the busses & drivers driving this route?

Nobody can really answer this.  Most dangerous roads on Earth, people have died before from a bus crashing.  Most make it out alive.   Overnight seems to be more dangerous, but people have died during the day.

Safe?  Not very, but I would risk it to save a few baht!!!!!!  Up to you.....

17 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I'm assuming that you need to take a bus to Nong Khai then another bus from Nong Khai to Vientiane,

I believe there is a train service too, obviously from Bangkok ...I once did the train to Nong Khai, then messed about with a Tuk-Tuk to the bridge (via an unwanted rip-off agents office).... then a taxi on the other side. 

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

If visa run, why not go to Puh Quoc Vietnam? Direct cheap flight from Suvarnabhumi Airport and the reward 45 days on the return.

The 45 days exempt is both for flying in and land border crossings, correct?

8 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

The 45 days exempt is both for flying in and land border crossings, correct?

Yes for the moment it is until 31 march.

Edit note valid for 50 countries 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:58 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I haven't checked but quite sure you can also go from Pattaya to Bangkok with them.

Go to their terminal and ask.

It is a longtime ago.. but I used to go to Nakhon Ratchasima with them from Pattaya, and they did not go via Bangkok...went 331/304 via Prachinburi.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is a longtime ago.. but I used to go to Nakhon Ratchasima with them from Pattaya, and they did not go via Bangkok...went 331/304 via Prachinburi.

Are they regarded as a "safe" bus company?