Why does Thailand feel so cold?

Bangkok Barry

It seems to me that temperatures feel at least 10 degrees colder in Thailand during the winter than they would in my native UK. 16 degrees feels like 6. And it can't be the easy answer that we become acclimatised to hotter temperatures, because as an example this morning at around 6 it was 13 degrees and I could see my breath on the air. That wouldn't happen in the UK. It would need to be close to freezing, 10 degrees colder than 13.

Does anyone have any scientific explanation as to why that might be. I'm just curious (translation: I don't have enough to worry about).

• Haha 2

Sorry, bro.  As you know, you are in the Matrix and I guess I got your character.

Let me use your credit card and order some wool socks, wool hat, down jacket, and put a fireplace in your room.

I would admit it feels a FEW degrees colder........15 now APPEARS to feel closer to 12 or something, but nothing that makes me say, "WOW, these temperatures are lying!!!!"

It's not like I have to go outside with pants ........................... so it can't be that cold.  or sleep with socks.   or even sleep with a cap.    or layer at all..

yea, it's normal for me.

OK< I'll adjust your character's setting

It's all in your mind , today it feels chilly , one thing I know

I could not survive a British winter .if us Farang's feel the

cold think of those poor hill tribes up in the hills, they must

be freezing their @rses off, the beer companies give them

blankets at this time of year,but never heard them doing it

this year.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Sorry, bro.  As you know, you are in the Matrix and I guess I got your character.

Let me use your credit card and order some wool socks, wool hat, down jacket, and put a fireplace in your room.

I would admit it feels a FEW degrees colder........15 now APPEARS to feel closer to 12 or something, but nothing that makes me say, "WOW, these temperatures are lying!!!!"

It's not like I have to go outside with pants ........................... so it can't be that cold.  or sleep with socks.   or even sleep with a cap.    or layer at all..

yea, it's normal for me.

OK< I'll adjust your character's setting

Sorry bro. I asked about a scientific reason. You clearly don't have one so I don't know why you posted.

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's all in your mind , today it feels chilly , one thing I know

I could not survive a British winter .if us Farang's feel the

cold think of those poor hill tribes up in the hills, they must

be freezing their @rses off, the beer companies give them

blankets at this time of year,but never heard them doing it

this year.

regards worgeordie

It's not today I'm talking about. That was an example. But thanks.

It may feel cooler to some, but at 20 in the morning here at the house in Southern HH/Pranburi I am swimming in the pool at 7am, and no it's not the polar bear challenge...water is warmer then the outside air at 26, when I finish swimming, then thats when I feel the cooler air especially with a breeze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sorry bro. I asked about a scientific reason. You clearly don't have one so I don't know why you posted.

My reason is very scientific.   Sorry if you don't understand the matrix.

Not sure why you responded to a post you wondered why was posted.   now I'm confused.

You clearly should not have responded, so I'll respond and explain I was right to post and respond and I'm not sure why you need chat room members to teach you about "humidity" or "wind chill factors."  I learned about that stuff when I was two.  

34 minutes ago, BananaStrong said:

My reason is very scientific.   Sorry if you don't understand the matrix.

Not sure why you responded to a post you wondered why was posted.   now I'm confused.

You clearly should not have responded, so I'll respond and explain I was right to post and respond and I'm not sure why you need chat room members to teach you about "humidity" or "wind chill factors."  I learned about that stuff when I was two.  

See the answer below yours, by someone who actually had something intelligent to offer. I know you'll respond as I've seen over the years that Americans can't let a thing go. Just to let you know, I'll ignore it. Bro.

• Like 1