Extension on 45 day visa exemption

@FrankThePlumber  your idea is perfectly sound, as others have said. IF you have time, I think it MIGHT be better to apply for the eVisa for the following reasons:

You will get 60 days permission to stay. Of course, if you extend your visa-exempt entry you'll get a total of 75 days as you said - how long do you need in total?

In UK, at least, it works out cheaper - £30 for the eVisa as against 1900 Baht (about £47) for an extension, + copying + travel to Immigration.

And, IMO, the BIG one - no messing about in Thailand...filling in forms, photocopying, queueing at Immigration...a loss of at least half a day of your trip.

I was daunted by the  Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa (thaievisa.go.th) (it's horrible!) but when it came to it, I got mine in 5 days - I'm staying in Thailand for 57 days, so I'm covered for my trip.

This is JUST my opinion - as I said, your idea is perfectly sound should you prefer it.  Good luck ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FrankThePlumber said:

When booking my flights, can my return be after the initial 45 days? Would that be an issue?

Yes it will be an issue especially if it's a route from nearby country such as Vietnam, Cambodia etc.

Flying with carriers such as AirAsia etc the airline most likely want to see onward flight within 45 days.

You can buy "onward flight" from net companies. 

Not expensive. 

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes it will be an issue especially if it's a route from nearby country such as Vietnam, Cambodia etc.

Flying with carriers such as AirAsia etc the airline most likely want to see onward flight within 45 days.

You can buy "onward flight" from net companies. 

Not expensive. 

When applying for a 30 day extension of my 45 days visa exempt  entery will I loose days by applying early?

2 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

When applying for a 30 day extension of my 45 days visa exempt  entery will I loose days by applying early?

No.

The 30 days will start from expiry of current permit and not start from date you apply. 

• Like 1