The Prime of Ms. Jean Brodie, Then and Now: Maggie Smith, I have NOT forgotten you!

GammaGlobulin

Dear Friends,

My apologies, since the description of this topic will be overly abbreviated, and should have been longer.

Let me put it this way.

I just saw a grandma climbing down into a small stream nearby, and it was not such an easy climb to make, since she had to clamber down quite far over some cement walls, and navigate a good number of stones and rocks, as well, encumbrances which probably never existed when she was nine.

Obviously, she was not just searching for tasty greens to eat. Tasty greens can be bought at the market, and at low cost.

In my view, she was searching for something which she had known had always been there, just in order to recapture her childhood memories of going to the stream to pick, for free, what she had picked in years gone by.

And then it occurred to me that IF I were a maker of films, and if I were funded, and IF I were as talented as Herzog, then I could make a very nice little film about this experience.  And, I could sell it for millions to the BBC, for example.

Sometimes, I look down at an ant, below me, and I wonder, should I step on it, just for the sake of stepping on it?  If I DID step on it, then nobody would know that I had committed an immoral act, for example.

From my experience, here in Thailand, when one attends a Thai language class, the teacher never discusses morality questions such as these.

I once knew of a Princeton grad who posted on ThaiVisa. Even he was not willing to talk about anything of interest to me.  He mostly just talked about himself, including his past academic accomplishments.

Somedays, I wonder why I am here in Thailand.

Why am I not in Indonesia, for example?

Also, anybody wishing to discuss the meaning of life, please feel free to hit me up.

Two years ago, or more, I was sitting just outside the gate of a Thailand university, when a rather large snake slid up beside me, without introduction.

image.thumb.png.d471919ad9b7159d1627debe0ec2f62f.png

I did not fear him. I just wanted to photograph him, which I did.

I also felt sorry for him, having not been fed, obviously, for quite some time.

He was too thin for my taste.

I was shocked to have this snake visit me. And he was obviously far more powerful than I could ever hope to be, even in his unfed condition.

The true beauty of this snake is almost indescribable when you see it in the wild, sneaking up upon one.  It’s like, “OH, here you are!” I KNEW that you would come, one day!  Thank you for visiting me!

In Conclusion, therefore:

My best advice is to embrace all that you find here in Thailand. Be very thankful.

Never complain!

Try your best to be Brodie Girls!

Best regards to all,

Happy New Year!

Gamma

image.thumb.jpeg.8555dbdf92e145203732ea875734ae74.jpeg

Such a beauty!

I will never forget him, just as I will never forget my first lay, at age 18.

The great thing about the Farang Forum is that, in most cases, it is only those from Scotland, with their dry wit, who are able to understand 95% of it.

Let's keep it going.

Keep on Keeping on....

Best wishes for another great year, during this Amazing Chinese Spring Holiday, which we all value so much.

May we all be renewed.....!

We know that things will just get tougher, year by year.

Yet, what are we to do?

Human beings have had it much worse in the distant past.

We can overcome any adversity.

Hope I am here to ring in the next New Year, 2024, maybe the "year of the beast", and not just the year of the rabbit.

As Chomsky always reminds us:  It is up to us.  We are the only ones who can decide our fate.

See you, next year, 2024, if all goes better than expected.

Gamma

1 minute ago, RayWright said:

Tha mi a 'smaoineachadh gu bheil  thu air a bhith hallucinating a-rithist.

It's Slab Fork West Virginia.

Thank you.

Please, try to improve your Thai romanization skills.

Or, just write in Thai script.

It ups to you.

No need to worry, too much, if we destroy ourselves, simply because, if you listen carefully, we have already attained as much perfection attainable, by man.

Most people here, I would imagine, have never listened to Bach cello played by Rostropovich, about 102 times.

But, I have.

The most beautiful music you will ever hear is the music composed by JS Bach.

Obviously, very few of you will be able to listen to solo cello, especially JS Bach solo cello.

This is why I feel so sorry for you.

Such pitiful human beings, such that you do not spend your time listening to this magnificent music.

I really feel so very sorry for you.

Anyway, these peaches on the beach are lying flat.

Therefore, they must be Chinese, in this case.

image.jpeg.54963823cb29242374c94941b9322e51.jpeg

As everybody knows, most young people from China choose to lie flat.

TANG PING!

And, there is no better place in the world to TANG PING, than in Thailand!

Tang ping (Chinese: 躺平; pinyin: tǎng píng; lit. 'lying flat') is a lifestyle and social protest movement in China beginning in April 2021.[1] It is a rejection of societal pressures to overwork, such as in the 996 working hour system, which is often regarded as a rat race with ever diminishing returns.[2][3][4][5] Those who participate in tang ping instead choose to "lie down flat and get over the beatings"[citation needed] via a low-desire, more indifferent attitude towards life. It can be thought as the Chinese equivalent of the Hippie counter-culture movement.[6]