Taking daughter to UK for a week - does my wife need to sign a letter?

My daughter wants to see her grandfather in February.

Does my wife need to sign a letter allowing her to go? 

Daughter holds british and Thai passports, would be traveling out on Thai and into UK on her UK one if that makes a difference? 

There have been confirmed reports both ways.

I took my daughter, then 16, to UK alone. My wife signed a letter and we had it with us but we're never asked to show it.

No harm in typing up a quick note and getting your wife to sign it.

Edited by puchooay

How old is your daughter?

Immigration photo copied every document I had, I have full custody of my son, and he is also dual citizen

Took about 30 min to clear immigration. This was Oct of 2021, He was 10 years old at the time

All 3 times I've travelled with him I've been scrutinized very carefully.

Doesn't hurt to have some signed paper IMO

Edited by kwonitoy

7 minutes ago, QballQ said:

She is 11, going on 35.

I'll get a letter in hand then. 

I recently took my 10 yr old to USA for first time. We went to Amphur office and had official letter made up, seems they were familiar with the request. 

Not a question was asked when we left Thailand, never showed anything. But I had it just in case.

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

I recently took my 10 yr old to USA for first time. We went to Amphur office and had official letter made up, seems they were familiar with the request. 

Not a question was asked when we left Thailand, never showed anything. But I had it just in case.

I had heard about the ampur letter as well. May have to look into that.

She doesn't suffer fools gladly and I think an immigration person telling her she can't board with her father will  not go down well.

I took my son to the US as a minor twice.

He's a dual citizen. First time it was a real hassle at immigration. He checked in as a US passport holder then we were quizzed for an hour at immigration. Multiple calls, video messaging with Mom before we were allowed to board.

Second time I got the letter from Mom at the Amphur, of course that time nobody even bothered to ask for it!

Get the letter just in case, our local Amphur had the form letter which my wife signed

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1