Tourism industry ready to greet Chinese groups while maintaining its diverse clientele

webfact

image.png

Thailand’s tourism industry has welcomed the news that the Chinese government is allowing the group tour market to resume after a hiatus of almost three years.  The Chinese tourists will be able to visit 20 countries including Thailand, a blessing for the hospitality industry which stands to benefit from the return of a significant increase in these international tourists and the revenue they would bring.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects at least 5 million Chinese tourists to visit Thailand this year. Approximately 11 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2019 before the Covid-19 outbreak, and they generated 531 million Baht in tourism income. TAT expects the revenue from Chinese tourists this year to exceed that of the pre-Covid era.

In a reassuring message to the public, the Thai government says it believes that Thailand would be able to contain the spread of Covid-19 despite the influx of tourists from China, which is seeing a massive increase in cases following the relaxation of the zero-Covid policy. The TAT’s offices in five Chinese cities, namely Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu and Kunming, have put in place a promotional programme called “China is Back” starting with a tourism campaign dubbed “Two Lands, One Heart”.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/tourism-industry-ready-to-greet-chinese-groups-while-maintaining-its-diverse-clientele/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-01-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) expects at least 5 million Chinese tourists to visit Thailand this year. Approximately 11 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2019 before the Covid-19 outbreak, and they generated 531 million Baht in tourism income. TAT expects the revenue from Chinese tourists this year to exceed that of the pre-Covid era.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)

expects, expects, expects 

• Like 1

"Approximately 11 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2019 before the Covid-19 outbreak, and they generated 531 million Baht in tourism income."

eerrrrr.....  that is less than 50 THB per head!!!!

seems like a lot of pain for little gain.......

• Haha 2

Thailand has more than China for a nearby country. 

My guess for this special treatment is the number of possible

visiting tourists from China, vs the other nearby countries.  Maybe the good trade agreements with the Chinese

companies and government as well may be an influence.  

I just like the Winter weather conditions and a few nice beaches that are away from the cities along the coastlines of

Thailand.  Just my two cents worth of opinion.

Don't let them in.  Two stayed at my hotel.  I left my daughter guarding my sun lounger whilst I went to eat.  They commandeered it but promised to leave when I returned.  During my absence they drank two bottles of beer (next to the pool!); smoked four cigarettes which they stubbed out on the floor & left there; used a vaping contraption then left leaving their towels for someone to clear up.