OA to O extension at CW airport entry stamp wrong

I have an OA extension of stay until March 21, 2023. I left Bangkok and returned without a valid reentry permit so I could get 45 days visa exempt and then get an O extension at CW. 

at Swampy the immigration officer used an old invalid used reentry  permit and stamped me in until March 21, 2023 and wrote that I had a reentry permit. 

I tried to explain to her the reentry permit was already used 3 months ago but she could not understand  what I was telling her in English. Nice immigration lady and I just said ok and walked away.  My Thai was not good enough and her English was not good enough to communicate properly. 

can I  go to CW and tell them and get a non O extension or will I have to leave Thailand again before March 21? 

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Cannot understand why anyone would walk away with incorrect entry stamp. 

Not noticing yep that happens. 

The whole point was to kill off the non O-A. 

True, the best approach would have been to sort it out there and then. Failing to get the point across to the official wielding the stamp, the OP should have asked for the supervisor.

Too late for that now, but for others in the same situation, save yourselves the hassle. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Lak Si “K” desk.  In five minutes they gave me a correct visit exempt entry and did not charge me any money. Then I went to CW and applied for a 90 day non O visa. 

I return March 3 to CW to get my non O stamp.  

How soon can I apply for a one year extension of stay after I get my Non O stamp on March 3?  

many thanks 

On 1/27/2023 at 12:58 PM, Caldera said:

At CW, there's a counter specifically to get entry stamps corrected, I think you should go there first and explain your situation. Chances are that it can be fixed.

FYI. That desk is now the K desk on the third floor of Lak Si.  They fixed my entry in 5 minutes.  

• Thumbs Up 1