Barr pressed Durham to find flaws in the Russia investigation. It didn’t go well.

Scott

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

NYT again with nothing that has any meat, really. Same old.

I think the "Same old" part is that you didn't actually read the article. You certainly give no evidence of it. And I wasn't aware that it had been reported earlier that Italian intelligence had supplied info that could connect Trump to criminal activity. Nor that Barr had authorized Durham to undertake a criminal investigation that had nothing to do with his investigation into the Russian affair. Can you share with us where you had learned about that?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

I think the "Same old" part is that you didn't actually read the article. You certainly give no evidence of it. And I wasn't aware that it had been reported earlier that Italian intelligence had supplied info that could connect Trump to criminal activity. Nor that Barr had authorized Durham to undertake a criminal investigation that had nothing to do with his investigation into the Russian affair. Can you share with us where you had learned about that?

I read it. It's just the same old style of propaganda, with no actual proof of any of its claims.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I did.  I even checked the link.  https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-aud-nw-nyt-barr-durham-russia-investigation-20230126-uw7fl7ftabcuxanbhu3qoab33a-story.html

It references the NYT, but it is a Chicago Tribune news story.

This is the byline:

By Charlie Savage, Adam Goldman and Katie Benner
The New York Times

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:30 pm

This is the copyright:

c.2023 The New York Times Company

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:
This is the byline:

By Charlie Savage, Adam Goldman and Katie Benner
The New York Times

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:30 pm

This is the copyright:

c.2023 The New York Times Company

Ok, I stand corrected.  I can't verify because of paywalls.

Why Merrick Garland Should Fire Special Counsel Durham Now

"But it is not Durham’s losses and lack of deliverables that make his tenure untenable. After all, prosecutors should be unafraid to try tough cases and lose them. No, the problem with Durham is that his assignment arose from Barr’s efforts to undermine the Russia probe to aid Trump, and Durham compounded that unethical origin with his own unethical actions."

https://news.yahoo.com/why-merrick-garland-fire-special-222616757.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, placeholder said:

Whenever you come across something that concerns DT and the 2020 election that involves Italy, it probably has to do with the man wearing several shirts: Bannon.

https://strategic-culture.org/news/2018/07/31/steve-bannon-emerging-fascist-international-in-europe/

5 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

The comedy rolls on. Just hilarious seeing the left doing congratulatory back slaps and attaboys concerning the Trump Russia Collusion Hoax. Durham had bad luck with the jury selection - not going into that again(1) but it was not a fair and impartial jury. Still, Durham is a HERO for once and for all overturning yet another conspiracy theory, and I for one am grateful the truth is finally allowed to be spoken out loud.

"The Russia-Trump collusion narrative of 2016 and beyond was a dirty trick for the ages, and now we know it came from the top—candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton. That was the testimony Friday by 2016 Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook in federal court, and while this news is hardly a surprise, it’s still bracing to find her fingerprints on the political weapon."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-did-it-robby-mook-michael-sussmann-donald-trump-russia-collusion-alfa-bank-11653084709

Thank you Mr. Durham, great work in spite of your hands being tied behind your back. The truth is out there for anyone interested in educating themselves about the disgraceful sham impeachment of A sitting President, the ramifications will be felt for decades.

(1) supporting evidence for claim made that the jury in the Sussman trial was not impartial.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/16/hillary-aoc-donors-among-jury-pool-in-ex-clinton-lawyers-trial/

And what did she do exactly? She authozed the leaking of information to the press. Which your carefully selected quote fails to make clear.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

The Durham Probe Was Barr’s Witch Hunt A shockingly unethical and failed crusade to vindicate Trump.

"There is an enduring pattern in American conservatism in which the right first develops a paranoid interpretation of the liberal Establishment, and then reverse engineers its own version of the monster it has imagined. Conservatives convinced themselves that the mainstream media and universities were mere propaganda organs, then created institutions like the Heritage Foundation and Fox News, warped reflections of their own overheated critique...

John Durham’s investigation is a classic episode in this tradition."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/01/the-durham-probe-was-barrs-witch-hunt.html?utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1