Further to "Help Please! Renewing Accompany Wife Stay Extension!"

Further on this, where many people suggested that the 400,000 baht can be in more than one account.

Last thursday I went to Korat Immigration to renew my Stay Extension. Despite my showing that I had more than 400,000 baht always in K Bank, they refused the extension as Korat Immigration insisted that the 400,000 had to be in one account. So because it dropped to 399,500 for about 5 minutes in December, I now have to wait until my present extension expires ( mid Feb), then apply for a 60 day visit wife visa, then apply again for an "Accompany Wife" extension, after the visit visa expires! So a lot of hassle, and probably expense! And multiple 250 Km round trips!

Are they right? I asked to speak to an Immigation Officer and they said "too busy".

If not, whats my next step? Is there anything in writing (in Thai) that says that the 400,000 baht may be in more than one account.

Would be grateful for any advice here!

The funds can be in two accounts.

Korat is wrong that's nothing new.

As for your 60 day extension to visit wife. 

You don't wait till your current permit is near expiry. 

The days will be added to your current permission of stay.

A decent immigration would have suggested the 60 day extension at same time as rejecting your 12 month extension. 

Assume you have not previously obtained 60 day extension since last entry to Thailand. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Yes I have a similar situation

I have a deposit account with KasiKorn (interest bearing) - Some years ago I had to withdraw some money from it which was replaced fairly quickly (at the time I was on a work permit visa) but the same bank book now has what appears like two entries for two different "contracts" for the interest deals, so when you look at the book the last entry shows 790,000 baht with a termination date of the auto renenwing contract some time in the future (and further above it shows another amount of over 100,000 Baht with a different termination date for the auto renewing contract.

So when the bank writes the letter, they say I have above the required 800,000 baht BUT when the people who check your docs look at the book the last entry seems to them to show I only have 790,000 Baht.

This has caused me issues for the last two years but to be absolutely fair to Korat Immigration it has been resolved and an extension issued.

I have spoken to the bank and they are reluctant to combine the two "contracts" into one. I keep meaning to withdraw all the money and then immediately put it back under one "contract" but I do not want to fall foul of the rules about maintaining the a requisite amounts after the visa is issued (and last year I was abroad during what I take to be the period when you apparently can have a zero balance (even though it would only be for the time I was making the changes in the bank)).

On the basis of the initial post I am now concerned about what will happen when I go to renew in a few weeks time.

Edited by Negita43
finger problems

17 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

So when the bank writes the letter, they say I have above the required 800,000 baht BUT when the people who check your docs look at the book the last entry seems to them to show I only have 790,000 Baht.

as you are writing about 800,000 and 790,000 assume this is for retirement extension

18 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

I do not want to fall foul of the rules about maintaining the a requisite amounts after the visa is issued (and last year I was abroad during what I take to be the period when you apparently can have a zero balance

retirement does not have zero balance.

the requirement is 800,000 for 2 months before application and 3 months after approval, the remaining part of the year the balance can be reduced to 400,000 not lower.

11 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

retirement does not have zero balance.

the requirement is 800,000 for 2 months before application and 3 months after approval, the remaining part of the year the balance can be reduced to 400,000 not lower.

Thay sounds like a nice catch 22 - how then do I resolve this issue? I'm only tring to make life easier for them and me.