Where to complain about GRAB Help Center?

trax33

OP - are you positive they actually made a withdrawal in the first place.  When I order, I get a notification on my bank app (Kasikorn) that says XXX Baht is "on hold" and will only be debited when the food is delivered.

If the food vendor cancels, I get a message on the bank app saying the money has been refunded, even though it was never debited.  The messages are typically Thinglish grammar and a bit misleading.

The first time I got a cancellation, I immediately re-ordered.  I received a proliferation of messages from my bank and Grab about the cancellation, re-ordering money on hold, and refund, as well as cancellation and refund of the driver tip on the first order.

It was quite confusing, but trolling through the messages and comparing activity on my actual bank account showed that I was only debited once for the second order (and driver tip) that was delivered.

• Thanks 1

It's a long story but GRAB tells me to give the bank the PSP transaction ID & KBank transaction ID which I've given to my bank. My bank asks for the ARN (whatever that is) and when I ask GRAB to give the ARN they come up with the same answer as before, not mentioning the ARN.

25 minutes ago, trax33 said:
31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How much is involved?

Not much, but it's more the principle that counts here.

I hope the principle outweighs the stress of worrying about "not much".  Bear in mind that many refund systems, for whatever reason, can just take a lot longer to appear in your bank account than most of us assume it should take. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I hope the principle outweighs the stress of worrying about "not much".  Bear in mind that many refund systems, for whatever reason, can just take a lot longer to appear in your bank account than most of us assume it should take. 

Liverpool Lou, I just sent you a private message.

3 hours ago, trax33 said:

It's a long story but GRAB tells me to give the bank the PSP transaction ID & KBank transaction ID which I've given to my bank. My bank asks for the ARN (whatever that is) and when I ask GRAB to give the ARN they come up with the same answer as before, not mentioning the ARN.

What is an ARN? An Acquirer Reference Number, or ARN, is a unique number created in credit or debit Visa® and Mastercard® transactions. The ARN is assigned to a transaction as it moves through a payment flow. ARNs are valuable to fraud and dispute shops, issuers, and merchants.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have called the grab help center a few times living in Bangkok.  Mostly regarding grab car drivers.  The majority of times they give an apology and send the issue to the relevant department.  
I believe the corporate headquarters is in Singapore.  But good luck finding a way to contact them. 

My advice you is contact the help center by phone.  You might have to call two or three times before you get results.  Be firm and insist you want a specific resolution to the issue.  That is what I had to do a number of times.  I use grab quite often. 
I know the frustration.  If it’s a minor issue and involves little money.  It might be best to just let it go.  But of course that is a personal choice you have to make
A handful of times I did have to complain about how grab help center explained the resolution about something.  I sent the complaint via the app.  You see different categories of complaints on there

Edited by swm59nj
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’ve had quite a few issues with Grab, you have to push and push but I have noticed is that since the lockdowns their CS has hot considerably worse. They’ve also pushed prices up to the degree that I rarely ever use them now. For a while I used Bolt because they were half the price, but their app is a nightmare finding your location and they’re now often more costly than Grab. I’ve mostly gone back to meter taxis or driving myself.