Urine cannot cure sinusitis – Thailand’s Medical Services Department

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Although there are numerous chemical substances in urine, such as sodium chloride, calcium and urea, the department said that there is no current or credible medical evidence to support a claim that it is efficacious in the treatment of sinusitis.

And people need to be reminded of this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe not in this case, but urotherapy is apparently a thing. Personally haven’t done it—it does sound gross—but know folks that have… dabbing pee and fixing a festering wound when nothing else worked, eg. Also wouldn’t take the words of some medical body as gospel, whose vested interest is to make money pushing pharmaceuticals. The body should know how to sort itself… proper fasting has some big benefits etc. 

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Maybe not in this case, but urotherapy is apparently a thing. Personally haven’t done it—it does sound gross—but know folks that have… dabbing pee and fixing a festering wound when nothing else worked, eg. Also wouldn’t take the words of some medical body as gospel, whose vested interest is to make money pushing pharmaceuticals. The body should know how to sort itself… proper fasting has some big benefits etc. 

pi$$ing on foot fungus worked for me in getting rid of it

Nothing surprises me in Thailand from eating ginger and smoking to preventing Covid 19, to the doctor who told Teenagers to skip 10,000 times a day, as it made them taller.

There are countless more I could quote that I have heard in Thailand. The best though was slapping the breast 100 times, to make them grow. :cheesy:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Proper long term fasting has many good points going for it, usually dismissed out of sheer ignorance by the medical profession.  How could not filling someone with a cocktail of drugs be beneficial? 

Edited by Artisi
  • Haha 1

Ephedrine was the best cure, then it was banned, so we switched to pseudo-ephedrine, this got banned in Thailand so the switch was made to phenylephrine, each switch was about a quarter as effective s its predecessor. Now the best one can do is temporary relief with oxymetazoline (iliadin),

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anterian said:

so we switched to pseudo-ephedrine, this got banned in Thailand

I get this prescribed in Europe and also got it on prescription from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital (recently last year or two?) - when was it banned? Do you mean it can't be bought without a prescription anymor?

But it is a GREAT de-congestant.

It was banned as an over the-the-counter medicine in Europe and the US because it is can be used as a pre-cursor to amphetamine.

But In several countries (e.g. Canada, Quatar and Singapore) it CAN be bought OTC.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:40 AM, daveAustin said:

I have been using urotherapy for years.  Drinking and topical application of urine.   It has far exceeded my wildest expectations. All of my ailments vanished.  Positive health flourished. 

What is gross is those masquerading as experts providing this type of self serving hogwash recommendation.

12 hours ago, Mark Nothing said:

I have been using urotherapy for years.  Drinking and topical application of urine.   It has far exceeded my wildest expectations. All of my ailments vanished.  Positive health flourished. 

What is gross is those masquerading as experts providing this type of self serving hogwash recommendation.

Want to buy some?