Pattaya and Jomtien Officials Crack Down on Fireworks and Sky Lanterns on Jomtien Beaches

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-Pattaya and Na Jomtien officials have been teaming up to crack down on illegal firework and sky lantern sellers on Jomtien Beaches, especially on the South end of the beaches.

The crackdown followed complaints from local residents and watchdog social media groups alleging that the fireworks and lanterns were annoying area residents, disrupting people trying to sleep and relax, and potential fire hazards.

Following the complaints, city officials went down to Na Jomtien beaches this weekend and found multiple vendors, many who quickly tried to pretend to be regular beach goers and even bury their fireworks when they saw officials approaching.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/28/pattaya-and-jomtien-officials-crack-down-on-fireworks-and-sky-lanterns-on-jomtien-beaches/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

Good. There have been fireworks almost every night since Christmas on Jomtien Beach, near Soi 9 and 10. Really annoying at times. I'm really surprised that the Police Station, just along the road, couldn't hear them or see them :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tony M said:

Good. There have been fireworks almost every night since Christmas on Jomtien Beach, near Soi 9 and 10. Really annoying at times. I'm really surprised that the Police Station, just along the road, couldn't hear them or see them ????

Hear them going off near me, out of town..... IIRC it is common every year, after New Year, both western and Chinese that fireworks sound sporadically. It is almost as if they are getting rid of excess old stock. At least this year I have not heard of any incidents. Is it about a year now since some poor English guy blew his face off on Soi Post Office due to a large firework he bought?

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Is it about a year now since some poor English guy blew his face off on Soi Post Office due to a large firework he bought?

Three years now. Alcohol and explosives not a good mix ... especially the size he messed with poor sod.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Following the complaints, city officials went down to Na Jomtien beaches this weekend and found multiple vendors, many who quickly tried to pretend to be regular beach goers and even bury their fireworks when they saw officials approaching.

Vendors will be vendors... just can't help themselves.

Yeah, but they let them fire off a sht load of fireworks all day everyday at the shrine on Pratumnak Hill. Drives me crazy as it goes on for at least 2 minutes, then the next one starts. You can tell when it’s a holiday and big groups of Thais are visiting. I guess it’s a holy thing so just have to live with it. ???? 

????

4 hours ago, Tony M said:

Good. There have been fireworks almost every night since Christmas on Jomtien Beach, near Soi 9 and 10. Really annoying at times. I'm really surprised that the Police Station, just along the road, couldn't hear them or see them ????

Noise cancelling headphones to peruse their mobile phones.????

Edited by herfiehandbag

8 hours ago, jcmj said:

Yeah, but they let them fire off a sht load of fireworks all day everyday at the shrine on Pratumnak Hill. Drives me crazy as it goes on for at least 2 minutes, then the next one starts. You can tell when it’s a holiday and big groups of Thais are visiting. I guess it’s a holy thing so just have to live with it. ???? 

Yep, a holy thing, waking up the dead.

14 hours ago, Tony M said:

THEY will hear them just TOO lazy to do anything koz on their phones !!!!