Multiple Entry Tourist Visas Vs Non Immigrant B Visas

Hello,

In about two weeks I've got to get out of the country and apply for either a TV or Non Immigrant B Visa. If my understanding is correct it's going to be quite hard for me to get a Non Immigrant B Visa outside of my home country of the United States. I've got a Thai girlfriend and have the baht requirements. I've also know Thai people that work in Thailand that I'm sure would write me a decent letter for the Thai immigration. That being said I have no intention what so ever to work in Thailand so would I be getting myself into a mess down the line? Can I use the Thai girlfriend as leverage in anyway to help push me towards getting one of these longer termed Visas?

In regard to my other option of the Tourist Visa. I've went through this process before in Vientienne. They issued me a single entry TV visa. I received an email that Penang is once again issuing multiple entry Non Immigrant Visas. Are they also issuing multi entry tourist visas? Are any of the neighboring consulates?

Thanks for any help you can give.

You do not obtain a non immigrant visa with a letter from girlfriend or from a working Thai. So a tourist visa seems to be your only real option in the immediate area. And that will almost surly only be a single entry. Penang has not been reported to issue more than a single entry for tourist visas.

You do not obtain a non immigrant visa with a letter from girlfriend or from a working Thai. So a tourist visa seems to be your only real option in the immediate area. And that will almost surly only be a single entry. Penang has not been reported to issue more than a single entry for tourist visas.

Penang is now doing 1 year multi entry non-o visas as my mate got issued 1 last week.